Open executive Job in Academic & University Chairperson – Biology, Chemistry and Physics
AREA AND FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Chief Academic Officer or designee, the Chairperson for the Division
of Biology, Chemistry & Physics is responsible for providing the experience, vision, leadership, creativity and innovation necessary to
manage and revitalize existing programs, spearhead new program initiatives, lead and inspire faculty, enhance existing student recruitment
and retention initiatives, and to develop effective partnerships with internal and external community constituencies within the area of
Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
CHARACTERISTICS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide direct
leadership for the development, management and evaluation of new and existing degree programs in the area of biology, chemistry and physics.
2. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in developing new curriculum and scheduling of division offerings.
3. Manage, hire, orientate, and evaluate personnel within the division.
4. Revitalize existing, and create new, educational
training and other appropriate partnerships with the community as well as other area academic institutions.
5. Lead and inspire
faculty to plan for effective and innovative teaching that enhances student learning, persistence, performance, and course completion.
6. Engage faculty and staff in institutional strategic planning and program assessment.
7. Work collaboratively to
develop division budget, including general operating and minor capital budgets and expenditures, driven by outcome assessment and strategic
8. Communicate effectively with the Chief Academic Officer, other administrators, faculty and staff to
ensure continuity and appropriateness of instruction, adequate course scheduling, adequacy of library and other resource materials, and
appropriateness of division’s strategic planning initiatives within the context of the college’s mission and goals.
periodic and annual reports of the activities of the division for the college and accrediting agencies.
10. Maintain strict
confidentiality and security of staff, administrative, and student information.
11. May be required to teach a maximum of a
four-credit course each semester.
12. Prepare routine, special and ancillary reports as required.
other related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN:
Oral and written instructions
are received from the Chief Academic Officer or designee. The Chairperson – Biology, Chemistry and Physics may supervise administrative,
professional, support staff and student workers.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
2. Teaching experience at the college level.
3. Managerial or demonstrated leadership experience in a
4. Experience in managing complex projects under deadlines.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related
2. Three or more years teaching experience.
3. Senior level administrative experience.
Relevant experience in curriculum development and assessment in a college setting.
5. Working knowledge of the personal
computer in a Microsoft Office environment.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of computerized record maintenance and management,
preferably the Banner System.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.