Open executive Job in Academic & University Campus President – HigherEdJobs
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive
companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then
consider joining us at Virginia College.
Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering
associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses. These programs strengthen the student’s ability to
enter or advance in a chosen career. The student’s learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide
a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and
instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually
assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career
goals. Programs offered by Virginia College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and
As the Campus President, you will be the campus representative within
the company and with various organizations within the community. You will work with your campus staff, the Board of Directors, Executive
Officers, Advisory Board(s), the Regional Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer. You will guide your staff to execute at a superior
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Understand, establish and implement all policies and
procedures established for the College.
- Direct and oversee activities related to the daily operation of the campus and report
results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Execute the directives of the Board of Directors and Executive Officers of the College in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and accrediting body standards and
regulations, as well as adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness, and effect
changes required for improvement.
- Design, establish and maintain organizational structure and staff to effectively accomplish the
organization’s goals and objectives. Recruit, review and evaluate credentials of prospective employees and make recommendations for
employment. Train, supervise, and evaluate staff as needed.
- Maintain and supervise the continuity of the College operation per
annual plans and budgets.
- Establish a rapport with educational institutions, community agencies, and industry to achieving the
College’s goals and objectives.
- Establish programs at the College, with the Advisory Board(s), that ensure productiveness and
contributes to the related fields of study.
- Participates in the development of new programs or activities which affect the future
of the College, and makes recommendations to RVP and the COO.
- Serve as a participating member of the College’s Executive Management
Committee and may chair the Campus Management Committee.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field is desired
- Five to seven years of experience
directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Where applicable, state or accreditation regulations may require a
master’s level or higher degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must effectively create,
implement, and balance initiatives designed to increase new student enrollments, student success, and student retention
of customer service principles, techniques, systems, and standards
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices,
techniques, and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial operating principles, practices, and procedures within area of
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage
- Accounting experience in an academic setting
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information
and control systems
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work
effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.