Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS / 21-160050
Posting Number: S00964FY17
Salary: Commensurate with
education, knowledge, and experience
Pay Basis: Annually
Job Close Date:
Budget Type: Budgeted/Benefits – Full-Time
Is this position restricted by the
Patriot Act? No
Is this position D.O.T. regulated? No
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for supporting the goals of the University as the senior student affairs
officer. Provides vision, leadership and supervision for personnel, facilities, programs, and other resources to ensure an atmosphere
conducive to the holistic development of students. Provides vision and leadership for all Student Affairs divisions including Residential
Living and Learning, Campus Recreation, Student Center, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Health Center, Student Disability and Resource
Services, Career Development, Counseling Center, Leadership Engagement and Development, Children’s Learning Center, and Judicial
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of
education and experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven years of related progressive experience in
student affairs leadership positions with documented experience building and sustaining a vibrant campus life environment focused on student
development and leadership. Evidence of creating and sustaining an inclusive university community, managing budgets, and building and
maintaining a highly functional leadership team.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree in
Education Administration/Leadership, Student Personnel Services, or in a directly related field.
- Demonstrated experience of
positive and proactive approaches in identifying problems, creating solutions, managing projects, leading teams ,and implementing
Required Special Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills in
handling and directing multiple and complex assignments and projects.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate personnel.
- Ability to travel and work beyond normal office hours and/or
Other Requirements or Other Factors
Individual is required to live within a ten (10) mile radius of
campus since first responder in life and safety situations at the university.
- Serves as
liaison with the Office of General Counsel (OGC) Student Affairs’ legal counsel.
- Establishes and enhances
good public relations with the community of Commerce and other off-campus locations in support of the University.
- Conducts staff
meetings and student meetings as appropriate/needed.
- Maintains a professional image for the division by overseeing all publications
and website updates.
- Supervises the implementation of all student conduct.
- Serves as an advocate for students,
representing their needs to the University.
- Serves as a liaison between Student Affairs, faculty, colleges, academic departments,
and other campus offices.
- Responds to University crises and coordinate the efforts of all Student Affairs divisions as
- Prepares and monitors all Student Affairs budgets.
- Serves on various councils including Academic Affairs
Council and University Executive Council (UEC).
- Serves on various University-wide committees including
the University Budget Review and Development Committee (BRDC) and chairs the University Student Services Fee
- Provides vision and leadership in the development and administration of a vibrant campus
life program that engages the entire campus community using nationally recognized best practices.
- Provides vision and leadership in
the development and administration of an seamless learning environment, that integrates extracurricular activities with specified learning
- Provides guidance for Student Government Association (SGA).
The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.