Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Dean, STEM – HigherEdJobs
Department: Learning & Engagement
Location: Westshore Campus
To: Dean, Learning & Engagement
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Employment Type: Administration and Professionals
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Standard College Hours: M-F,
8:30am – 5:00pm
Number of Openings: 1
Provides leadership and administrative management to its STEM academic disciplines at the Westshore Campus. Supports campus strategic
initiatives related to STEM education. Manages the departmental academic schedule. Responsible for campus and division-wide communication
related to faculty expectations, plans, and activities.
- Provides leadership and
management for Science and Math disciplines at the Westshore campus.
- Works in coordination with the College-wide
Engineering and Information Technology programs to ensure Westshore Campus students’ access to engineering and information technology
courses as well as to provide campus support for faculty.
Responsible for the development, review and evaluation of academic plans,
curriculum, programs, course schedules and budgets within the department.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates faculty and
- Supports the Academic Dean in the successful deployment of campus strategic initiatives related to STEM
education; strengthening the pipeline from secondary to post-secondary education; and experiential opportunities that increase students’
workforce readiness, degree and certificate completion.
- Identifies grant opportunities geared toward increasing students’
experiential, research and co-op experiences in STEM fields.
- Collaborates with other academic area team members as part of the
campus-based academic leadership team in order to keep programs relevant and current.
- Develops and manages the department’s
academic schedule, handles student issues, conducts curriculum assessment, evaluation, and revisions as necessary.
- Ensures the
communication of plans, activities and expectations for faculty and staff at various levels within the campus and within the division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a STEM-related field.
- Significant related experience may substitute
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated executive experience in a STEM-related discipline in a higher education
- Demonstrated executive experience planning, assigning, scheduling, supervising and ensuring the quality of the work of
- Demonstrated experience Forecasting, Planning, Maintaining, Preparing, and Monitoring a business area’s
- Demonstrated experience effectively making decisions that have significant, broad implications on the management and operations of a
division (or equivalent business area).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a role requiring dynamic and abstract problem solving
methods in adaptive situations.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be
required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the
online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory
completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is
committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is
an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
© Copyright 2018 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.