Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Dean – School of Pharmacy – Worcester/Manchester
For nearly 200 years, MCPHS University, formerly known as Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has been at the
forefront of innovation in the healthcare world. We take pride in our history, yet are motivated by a curiosity about the future. That’s why
we are constantly updating our state-of-the-art labs, innovating our curriculums, and adding programs to coincide with the needs of an
ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Faculty and staff continue to bring their talents and skills to MCPHS University to contribute to
our mission of guiding and supporting students toward successful and sustainable careers in healthcare. Whatever position an employee holds,
their efforts make an important impact on the overall quality of campus life. Employees are an integral part of a community that is proud of
its heritage and the accomplishments that make MCPHS University a first-class educational institution.
The Associate Dean reports
directly to the Dean of the School of Pharmacy -Worcester/Manchester and is a member of the School’s Executive Committee. The Associate Dean
has overall responsibility for the development and management of systems to aid the School in conforming to and meeting current regional and
professional accreditation standards and guidelines. As a key member of the school’s leadership team, the Associate Dean serves as the
representative or designee of the Office of the Dean when authorized by and/or in the absence in the Dean.
- Routinely review
each School’s mission and goal statements in light of the College’s strategic plan
- Work with the chair of the School’s
Inter-professional Education Committee to facilitate the School’s Inter-professional Education Plan
- Direct the development,
implementation, and monitoring of the School’s strategic plan
- Work to develop and manage systems to aid the School in conforming
with current regional and professional accreditation standards and guidelines
- Serve on the SOP-W/M’s Executive Committee
- Prepare, update and assess the policies and procedures of the School, maintaining them in the form of an operations manual
- Manage student academic issues by serving as a liaison to the registrar and the School regarding faculty, course and programmatic
logistics and pre-registration
- Serve as the representative or designee of the Office of the Dean when authorized by and/or in the
absence in the Dean
- Serve as the Worcester/Manchester representative and liaison to the Biopharmaceutical Fellowship Program
- Assist with operations development for the Schools’ academic departments as needed
- Prepare, update, and assess the policies and
procedures of the School, maintaining them in the form of an operations manual
- Serve as the alternate-administrative delegate, as
needed, to the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) as needed
- Serve as ex officio on the School’s Academic Standing
Committee, the School’s Curriculum Committee, and the
School’s Assessment Committee
Participate in teaching,
scholarship and service, as needed
Rank is commensurate with education and experience.
responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree, or
- Demonstrated success as an administrator within an academic or related environment, possessing excellent administrative,
communicative, managerial and personnel evaluation skills
- A record of significant contributions toward the advancement of pharmacy
- A minimum of five years of experience working within or in partnership with an
academic institution in the area of accreditation
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a
substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be
subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who
would enrich the University’s diversity are welcome to apply.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.