Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Dean of Population Health (req13458)
Posting Number req13458
Employment Type: Faculty
Faculty Type Tenure/Tenure-Track
Hiring Department COPH Deans Office (304A)
Academic Location College of Population Health
Benefits Eligible The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, College of Population Health (COPH) invites applications for an Associate Dean/Epidemiologist Professor rank tenure/tenure track faculty member in the College of Population Health (COPH) anticipating to begin on January 1, 2021.
The COPH at the University of New Mexico’s Health Sciences Center, serves New Mexico’s communities, government and non-profit agencies, businesses and health-related organizations. The College and Health Sciences Center have deep connections to our diverse Native, Latino/Hispanic and African American communities, with missions to improve the health and health equity of low income, underrepresented minority, and other vulnerable populations. We welcome applicants interested in working with stakeholders from our multiple partners in health care systems, public health agencies, government agencies, tribes and non-profit organizations. The COPH houses two education programs: the Bachelor of Science in Population Health (BSPH) and the Master of Public Health (MPH).
The BSPH Program represents a liaison between the study of health care systems, finance and health policy, and health law with an emphasis on prevention and wellness in communities. The BSPH major, UNM’s newest undergraduate major, is the essence of trans-disciplinary science and is not solely the combination of multiple disciplines. It incorporates training and skills in a new science focused on answering complex questions about the sources of health and the causes of illness and disability.
The MPH Program promotes an interdisciplinary and comprehensive approach to research and interventions to address health problems. It offers students many opportunities to practice public health skills in communities and organizations. The program also fosters critical thinking about issues addressed by the students, who have backgrounds in a broad range of social science, biomedical science and clinical disciplines. The MPH program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
This will be a full-time faculty member. The position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the college and leading the successful deployment, completion of the annual strategic plan goal(s) that relate to the innovation and expansion of COPH. The position will also work closely with staff and faculty to ensure a culture of professionalism, trust, and sustainable growth.
Additionally, the position will be responsible for:
- Developing and teaching advanced epidemiology methods for master’s and doctoral students.
- Participating in scholarly/research activities.
- Participating on committees within COPH, UNM Health Sciences Center, New Mexico communities and professional associations at state and national levels.
Salary will be commensurate with rank and the successful candidate’s experience.
- Ph.D. in epidemiology
- Experience in social epidemiology, infectious or chronic diseases (e.g. cardiovascular disease, cancer, epilepsy, etc.), and/or rural health.
- Prior senior administrative role.
- Experience teaching graduate level courses in advanced epidemiology methods including online coursework and established teaching excellence.
- Established leadership in research collaborations with faculty and community members on epidemiologic research.
- Proven record of generating extramural funding for collaborative epidemiologic research and publication.
- Expertise in searching and retrieving epidemiologic research information and scholarship.
- Expertise in filtering and synthesizing epidemiologic research information.
- Expertise in reporting epidemiologic research information.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management at a director level for a large integrated academic healthcare center.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience teaching epidemiology courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- MPH, MBA, MHA or commensurate executive experience.
- Experience in working with and leading cross- functional teams to develop and implement strategic plans, and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
- Ability to lead budget management, annual business case development for funding approval and project planning. Demonstrated financial and business acumen with negotiation and influencing skills.
- Record of scholarly publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals, including work resulting from research collaborations with health/medical professionals.
- Record of successful grantsmanship.
- Experience with analyzing large datasets.
- Experience in professional consulting role with communities.
- Experience with interprofessional education.
- Experience promoting and enhancing diversity. Preference for working in a diverse academic health center.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please submit the following documents as part of the application process: – Cover Letter – Curriculum Vitae – Three Letters of Reference – Teaching Evaluations
For Best Consideration For best consideration, please apply by 11/30/2020. This position will remain open until filled.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.