Open executive Job in Academic & University Associate Dean of Graduate School
DEAN GRAD STUDIES & RESEARCH / 21-130000
Posting Number: S00131FY18
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Annually
Budget Type: Budgeted/Benefits – Full-Time
Is this position
restricted by the Patriot Act? No
Is this position D.O.T. regulated? No
The Associate Dean is a core member of the Graduate School leadership team and assists in providing vision, direction,
and coordination for Graduate School academic programs, initiatives and policies. Primary responsibilities include managing the Graduate
School and the Office of Thesis and Dissertation Services.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s degree and
minimum of eight (8) years.
Research-based, scholarly, peer-reviewed publications, and experience in serving as the chair of theses
and dissertations. Demonstrated expertise in research protocol, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, knowledge of doctoral
candidacy culture in both a campus-based and online environment, demonstrated teaching and service record in higher education. Ability to
make presentations and represent the Graduate School in various media when called upon, outstanding communications, interpersonal, and
consensus-building skills, and the ability to organize and direct work efforts and manage several competing priorities.
Preferred Education and Experience
Terminal degree from accredited institution of higher learning.
Special Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Ability to effectively
communicate with colleagues and students, and knowledge of University Procedures, Coordinating Board regulations, and Southern Association
Other Requirements or Other Factors
Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
- Oversees and expands graduate scholarships and fellowships.
- Manages the Graduate School
and the Office of Thesis and Dissertation Services.
- Oversees development of graduate catalog, graduate admissions, academic action,
grade changes/transfers/subs and special requests and graduation checkout.
- Works with department heads and faculty in the building
of quality graduate programs. Works with departments, colleges, and Graduate Council to facilitate curriculum change process.
- Serves as Vice Chair of the Graduate Council and Vice Chair of Graduate Council Agenda Committee. Chairs Doctoral Advisors
- Participates in the development and implementation of annual goals for Graduate School. Works with Graduate Dean on
Graduate School budgetary process and decisions.
- Represents the Graduate School as requested / assigned by Graduate Dean. Assists
the Dean with other duties as deemed necessary and performs other duties as required/assigned.
- Facilitates the collection,
analysis, and distribution of graduate statistical data reports.
- Serves as a liaison between the Graduate School and the Office of
Institutional Effectiveness to develop data reports and customer service surveys.
- Oversees development and posting of 18
characteristics of doctoral programs. Oversees Graduate School involvement in Globalization / International graduate programs. Oversees
approval of temporary graduate faculty status.
- Oversees the reviews of graduate programs. Reviews the procedures and practices of
the Graduate School and make recommendations to the Dean.
The Texas A&M System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.