Open executive Job in Academic & University Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites
applications for a full-time Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness to join our Academics office.
Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness reports to the Vice President of Academics (Chief Academic Officer – CAO) as a key
member of the academic leadership team. The Assistant Vice President is a voting member of the Executive Education Council, the Council for
Academic Planning, and serves as MSOE’s Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) to the Higher Learning Commission.
Vice President serves as a strategic partner in creating an environment that promotes and supports using research and data analysis to guide
decision making and institutional improvement and leads efforts related to regional accreditation, university compliance and reporting, and
institutional research. The Assistant Vice President leads the development of a comprehensive, integrated system of data collection,
research, assessment, evaluation and reporting that supports strategic, academic and operational planning. The individual works
collaboratively with faculty and administrators throughout the University. Important partners include school/department chairpersons,
Information Technology Department, Registrar’s Office, Finance Office, Office of Admission, and Office of Student Life.
preferred candidate holds a terminal degree and has professional experience at the university level. Minimum expectations include a Master’s
degree combined with successful administrative experience at post-secondary level. Knowledge of academic assessment, accreditation, and the
use of data to drive continuous improvement within an academic setting is required. Training and experience as an accreditation evaluator
and/or self-study coordinator (e.g. ABET, HLC, ACCE, CCNE, etc.). A strong commitment to the mission of MSOE is expected.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of a system of
integrated planning, assessment and evaluation across the institution.
- Integrate data sources, analyses and reporting to develop
and maintain a coherent system of institutional knowledge and information.
- Oversee, direct and assure relevant, high-quality data
collection and analysis, research and evaluation.
- Proactively utilize research, assessment, evaluation and analytical tools to
inform key institutional issues, identify problems and solutions, enhance decision making and instill best practices.
- Interpret and
make meaning of data and research findings and contextualize them for institutional decision making. Present complex information in forms
that are understandable to a variety of audiences.
- Provide support for academic planning, research, effectiveness, assessment,
evaluation strategies, trend analysis for environmental scanning, and accreditation processes.
- Compile, analyze and disseminate
quantitative data on facets of the university and related educational issues, including areas such as institutional characteristics, student
retention, grades, and other student performance indicators.
- Oversee and assure accurate and timely institutional reporting to
- Work with faculty to develop and utilize learning outcomes data, program review and evaluation, and
regional and disciplinary accreditation.
- Produce appropriate reports to coordinate and communicate the achievement of university
performance measures and student learning outcomes to appropriate parties.
- Facilitate the compilation of survey requests and the
preparation of specialized reports relating to state and federal compliance, accreditation, and grant funding agencies.
- Assist with
the development, implementation, monitoring, and revision of policies and procedures relating to the institutional planning, research and
effectiveness functional area.
- Keep current on external environmental issues affecting higher education, particularly changes in
accreditation, accountability, and effectiveness, determine implications for the institution, disseminate this knowledge and apply it to
institutional planning and decision making.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding
students, supervisors and other employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the CAO.
- Master’s degree required; terminal degree preferred.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL
- Administrative leadership experience at post-secondary level required, seven or more years preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills with the ability to shape complex information into presentations that
are understandable to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing data and research to identify and make recommendations
on institutional issues.
- Knowledge of basic statistical theories and principles.
- Proficiency with on-line survey
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, employees and the
- Demonstrated experience in organizing, conceptualizing, and prioritizing objectives and managing a high volume workflow
- Proficiency with use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is not an
all-encompassing statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements for this position.
Please apply here: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/apply/add/26078542yfrcefyrdryyuzcacvyst When
applying, please upload a single PDF file which includes a cover letter, a detailed resume and salary expectations.
the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the
University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.