Open executive Job in Academic & University Assistant Vice President for Finance
Job ID: 17503
Kingsborough Community College of the City University of
New York, located on the Manhattan Beach waterfront in Brooklyn, New York, seeks an experienced Assistant Vice President for Finance.
The Assistant Vice President oversees and is responsible for the efficient management of all facets of the Business Office, including
accounting and purchasing, Bursar, and related entities. The AVP develops and implements fiscal procedures, protocols and controls, and
works closely with CUNY’s Budget Office and Controller’s Office along with the Research Foundation. The successful candidate will be a
strong, collaborative leader with excellent communication skills. The AVP must be a competent decision maker and have the ability to
efficiently analyze information and issues to serve the needs of the academic and Non-Academic areas. The Assistant Vice President reports
to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and will assist in guiding the process that measures the return on investment in
achieving quality improvements, increasing enrollment and meeting financial targets.
Specific responsibilities include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the Vice President for Finance and Administration in planning,
developing and implementing college financial plans and strategies.
- Responsible for all college financial reporting, including
monthly financial closings, reconciliations, etc.
- Oversight of internal and external financial audits.
- Manages the
day-to-day accounting functions of the college, including bank relations and correspondence, preparation of annual GAAP statements for all
- Administers and ensures compliance with college and university fiscal policies. Monitors CUNY allocations, and
serves as the college’s budget liaison with University Budget Office.
- Works closely with the Financial Aid Office.
proper review and control of all procurement issues.
- Liaison with CUNY and State Officials in regard to financial reports and
- Reviews and oversee all campus tax levy, non-tax levy budgets, auxiliary services and other budgets as deemed appropriate
by Vice President.
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate City, State, Federal and GAAP accounting and regulatory policies.
- Ensures the proper implementation of University-wide financial and accounting systems on the campus.
- Performs other related
duties as assigned by the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
This position is
in CUNY’s Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience.
- CPA is preferred with experience in a diverse urban higher education system.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and
ability to present oral and written reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form collaborative relations with all
members of the college and CUNY community.
- Must demonstrate initiative, strong management skills and the ability to think in an
innovative manner regarding financial matters that impact the college.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with relevant
computer software required.
Assistant Vice President
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total
compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans,
competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff
also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively,
diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account,
and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 17503 or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
November 13, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.