Open executive Job in Academic & University Assistant Vice President – Academic Excellence Support Services
Do you have demonstrated experience leading and directing academic support services within higher education? Are you passionate about
supporting the personal, social and academic development of a diverse student body? The Division of Student Affairs is seeking motivated
individuals to apply for the position of Assistant Vice President, Academic Excellence Support Service.
Title: Assistant Vice President – Academic Excellence Support Services (AESS)
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, provides leadership, vision, and direction for centralized
academic support services and units such as Accessibility Resources, Testing Services, Veterans Programs and Services, Gen-1 programs;
anticipates challenges and opportunities by working with the Vice President in developing, implementing and assessing a comprehensive plan
for the Division that implements best practices that increase the likelihood of academic success and student retention; promotes and
contributes to a student-centered campus environment that supports the personal, social and academic development of all students; builds
consensus and develops collegial, collaborative working relationships with a broad range of constituencies.
- Serve on the Vice President’s management team, participating in decisions affecting the units under direct
supervision as well as the organizational unit as a whole; advises and collaborates with the VP on critical issues; serve on various
department, division, and university committees; represent the Division/VP at appropriate university bodies, committees, councils, etc., as
requested; plan, direct, provide leadership and execute special projects as assigned.
- Work closely with VP and staff to accomplish
the division’s mission, vision, and objectives; reviews, refines, and establishes policies and identifies best practices to initiate and
communicate programs related to academic and student support.
- Direct the effective and efficient use of AESS resources; Seek
alternative funding sources, oversee grant implementation, and continually look for new initiatives to improve customer service and student
success; coordinate the cross-functional activities for the colleges and other units to ensure effective and efficient operations and
- Gather student input to support recommendations to the VP for improvements in student support services and campus life;
collaborate with key stakeholders toward deeper integration and enrichment of the co-curricular experience; partner with Campus Services to
enhance on-campus programming and support services.
- Ensures compliance with federal statutes and regulations, state and local laws,
UC policies and procedures, and relevant contractual obligations; develops backup and continuity plans that anticipate emergencies and
- Provide strategic direction in the planning and allocation of the budget exercising proper financial controls.
- Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., performance reviews, disciplinary actions, approve time off,
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree with seven (7) years of experience; -OR- Associate degree with
nine (9) years of experience; -OR- eleven (11) years of experience. Experience must be in field of expertise (departments will identify the
area of expertise) and include at least three (3) years of supervision.
- Master’s Degree in Student Services Administration, Student Personnel Administration, Counseling – Student Development or a related
discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge or abilities have been
acquired. An earned Doctorate Degree in a related area is preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in student
services administration with responsibilities in at least two of the areas supervised.
- An understanding of trends in higher
education and current technological tools that best assist in marketing to potential students and in student recruitment, retention and
supporting student success across various credential types and learning modalities.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to guide,
lead, support, and direct a diverse staff and a diverse student body.
- Demonstrated effective leadership in developing strategic
initiatives to provide personal and academic support for a wide-range of student-oriented programs with a student centered approach.
- Expertise in budget development, fiscal management, and experience with writing and overseeing grants.
- Ability to collaborate
and work effectively as a team member and team leader with students, faculty, staff and administration, and external constituencies at the
local and statewide level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present effectively in
- Experience in leading successful change efforts, including knowledge and skill in process improvement, conflict resolution,
team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
The University of Cincinnati, as a
multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and
employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran /
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Academic, Business Process, Education, Management
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free environment.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.