Open Job in Academic & University Program Coordinator, Credentials – HigherEdJobs
Salary: $2,654.00 – $3,436.00 Monthly
$31,848.00 – $41,232.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: North Seattle College:
9600 College Way North, Seattle, Washington
The Program Coordinator, Credentials position is a full-time classified position at
North Seattle College and reports directly to the Dean of Enrollment Services /Registrar. This position works independently in a
multi-tasking work environment; reviews, processes, evaluates, and approves a wide variety of credentials, such as determining student
admissibility or rejection of course transfer credit, course equivalency, class standing, graduation eligibility, and degree transfers. This
position also serves as the point of contact for graduation and commencement related information and independently troubleshoots issues
related to Admissions /Registration/Records/Credentials functions.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated
faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including
ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political
status, and sexual orientation.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation
by WFSE and is subject to union shop provisions.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record
history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in
determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Determine eligibility/accreditation of official transcripts submitted for evaluation.
- Evaluate official transcripts
for NSC degrees, certificates.
- Program Prior Learning Credit and AP/IB scores directly onto student transcripts through the SMS
- Independently research, maintain and interpret current and former academic practices, policies and procedures for
degrees or certificates, including Academic Actions and Exceptions to Policy.
- Review and understand ICRC standards.
and understand SBCTC rules and regulations as it pertains to North’s degrees and certificates.
- Responsible for final evaluation and
posting of NSC academic degrees and certificates.
- Coordinate diploma printing and mailing to students.
- Compose an
invitation letter for students who plan to invite their family members to the commencement ceremony from overseas.
- Maintain close
communication with Seattle College District campuses and other Washington State institutions concerning academic matters as related to
degree requirements and critical academic issues.
- Issue a graduation verification letter/enrollment verification letter for
students upon request.
- Coordinate student mailing list and degree listing for commencement ceremony.
- Update websites with
graduation and commencement information as needed.
- Act as liaison with NSC faculty, BAS managers, advisors, staff and instructional
deans concerning academic matters as it relates to degree and certificate requirements.
- Attend campus meetings as necessary to
establish and enhance campus connections.
- Prepare and analyze various DATAX reports for the Dean of Enrollment Services.
- Conduct training in the use of degree audit and any other process that relates to understand/learning of academic programs or
- Advise students, faculty, administrators, staff, and public through written and electronic correspondence, phone, or
in-person contacts of the policies and procedures related to credentials evaluation, graduation, admissions, and registration
- Regularly perform as lead to oversee the registration front counter and phone operations.
- Register students in
classes and update student information.
- Assist in the determination of residency for tuition purposes and update the residency
coding in the SMS for students who have undetermined residency status.
- Connect students with college resources where needed.
- Process and approve Web Admissions.
- Maintain and update college catalog resources and other related documents used in the
evaluation of credentials to determine course equivalencies for other college’s coursework.
- Train, coach, and mentor new full-time
employees and part-time/work student employees on front counter duties, degree audit and the SMS, and other tasks related to
credentials/graduations and admissions/ registration/records functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience working in a college
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks in a timely manner within a diverse environment.
- Ability to research
and investigate academic issues that relate to graduation, credit evaluation, admissions, and registration.
- Ability to interpret
detailed information and trouble-shoot, problem-solve academic and system issues.
- Work collaboratively with unit team members and
all areas of the college.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Student Management System (SMS) and other PC computer technologies including
the use of the internet, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Manages conflicts effectively.
- Recognize problems,
identify alternative solutions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication and
customer services skills.
- Experience working with domestic and international
transcripts, advising, admissions, and registration experience in a college setting, preferably community college.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.