Open Job in Academic & University Operations Service Representative I (Tech Temp)
Admin – Computing – Multimedia
Job Purpose: Provide in-house
customer focused operations support at Georgia Tech’s Global Learning Center (GLC).
- Respond to and resolve all urgent and standard Global Learning Center (GLC) and/or Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE)
service requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to ensure proper configuration of classrooms
and meeting spaces, guest access, material availability, and ensure that audio-visual needs are met timely.
- Ensure the creation and
appropriate setup of event and customer-specific directional and digital signage.
- Serve as the first level of contact for support
and technical issues related to telecom and A/V equipment.
- Assist in facilities management providing support related to furniture
issues and facility needs for classroom and meeting space arrangements.
- Provide courier and property control services to including
mail delivery and inventory maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associate’s degree or two years of related college course work.
- Work Experience: Two to three years of job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Working knowledge of audio visual systems, computer operating systems; ability to interact effectively with
internal employees and external agencies; high degree of customer service and diplomacy skills; attention to detail; critical thinking;
ability to function in metrics-driven organization; organizational skills; problem solving and analytical abilities; ability to multi-task
and professional business writing skills.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Preferred Work
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: Candidate must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance and stand for extended periods
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Faculty, staff,
students and vendors/contractors. This position will typically advise and counsel: Faculty, staff, students and vendors/contractors. This
position will supervise: NA.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.