Open Job in Academic & University Library Specialist #00025131 – HigherEdJobs
Admin – Libraries
$13.64 to $16.56 USD Per Hour
Curtis Laws Wilson Library
January 16, 2019
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time/FTE, benefit eligible
Hours: Monday – Friday 2pm to 10pm
$13.64 – $16.56/hour
Curtis Laws Wilson Library seeks an
energetic, customer-focused individual as a Circulation Shift Leader to manage all functions of the Circulation Department while maintaining
a secure environment. The Circulation Shift Leader will directly supervise up to 2 student employees each hour on the evening shift in tasks
such as shelving, stacks maintenance, customer service and other projects as assigned.
Primary Duties include, but are
not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service to an assortment of patrons and internal customers in varying
circumstances; in person, over the phone and via email.
- Maintaining patron privacy and confidentiality regarding private patron
information and data.
- Circulating library materials, including materials from other libraries through library
- Performing stacks and collection maintenance tasks as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Performing cash and
student charge transactions.
- Troubleshooting and reporting building and IT issues to the proper personnel and
- Assist patrons in sending faxes, troubleshooting copiers, printers and public computers.
- Tracking incoming and
outgoing library consortia items through a spreadsheet.
- Processing consortia borrowing requests through library
- Assisting patrons in searching consortia catalogs and library databases as needed.
- Applying and explaining library
policies and procedures to assure a consistent positive experience for all library patrons.
- Walking through the building at regular
intervals to maintain a positive library atmosphere.
- Assisting patrons in emergency situations.
- Utilizing and supervising
student employees with positive rapport to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to
maintain confidentiality of information on patron reading habits and activities inside the library
- Pleasant demeanor in
communicating with internal and external customers
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse customer base in a
variety of situations
- Ability to apply policies and follow procedures
- Ability to cooperate in a team
- Ability to supervise students in a fair and consistent manner
- Knowledge of library collections and their
- Ability to learn and apply the Library of Congress and SuDoc systems
- Ability to lift and handle
- Ability to push carts weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain mobility for more than 10
- Ability to reach both top and bottom book shelves to locate items
- Ability to learn applicable software and to
utilize it in the appropriate manner
- Ability to navigate online catalogs and the library website to assist patrons in finding
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Cash handling
- 1 year demonstrated supervisory experience
- Library experience
- Minimum of two years office experience or
related education or training beyond high school
The final candidate is required to provide copies
of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided
prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Human Resource Services
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
© Copyright 2018 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.