Open Job in Academic & University Instructional Media Specialist – HigherEdJobs
Salary for Announcement
Commensurate with experience and education.
ITS – Educ Tech Ctr
Full Time Administrators
The Instructional Media Specialist, located in the Educational Technology Center, is under the
direction of the Senior Instructional Designer. This position is responsible for a range of professional media production specialist
assignments in a full-functioning capacity. Will collaborate with MSU Denver faculty and others across the
university to produce video and media content in support of online educational initiatives including multimedia production, graphic and
motion design, writing, and web development.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
40% – Media Production
- Edit/assemble, and distribute various multimedia
learning objects, lectures and educational events in a variety of media formats.
- Work during pre-production phase includes:
storyboarding, script writing, asset identification, scheduling, etc.
- Work during the post-production phase includes: editing of
audio and visual programs and series.
- Creates and adds post-production attributes such as digital animation, graphics or other
audio/visual special effects, audio editing, and evaluation of final products.
- Audio recording.
- Camera operation and other production positions and duties on various multi- and single-camera studio, location, classroom and/or remote
- Audio generation (sounds, sound effects, music, and other audio as a part of multimedia projects).
all products to meet ADA 504 and 508 accessibility standards.
- Utilization of modern web apps for
developing, editing and deploying effective instructional media experiences.
- Using Kaltura or other video content management
systems, deploy media into digital learning environments such as Blackboard Learn and other web based platforms.
Graphic and Motion Design
- Create digital images, titles, graphic packages and title sequences for use in post-production
projects and print materials.
- Create animations, animated sequences, and other multimedia objects using visual story telling
25% – Writing and Web Development
- Prepare scripts, print documentation, website copy, process
documentation, reports, and other creative/technical documentation as necessary.
- Proofread, edit, and make suggestions for digital
and print media.
- Use HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, and web 2.0 based tools to create,
modify, and publish web-based content.
10% – Other duties as assigned
- Support continuous course improvement
efforts by interpreting and implementing the Quality Matters framework.
- Conduct training and workshops related to multimedia design
- Assist ITS Educational Technology Center staff with ongoing initiatives (e.g., LMS implementations and migrations, software implementations, classroom technology upgrades).
- Duties may
include participating in meetings and committees, performing research, providing opinions, concerns and suggestions.
- Associates degree in a media production related field and at least two years of
experience, including a thorough knowledge of video production techniques.
- At least two years of production experience.
least one year of experience working in Blackboard Learn.
- At least one year of professional experience working as instructional
- At least one year of development experience including HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, and developing and implementing ADA 508 and 504 compliant multimedia.
- Course development and support experience using Blackboard Learn in the roles of faculty, staff, administration and students.
- Experience presenting to groups, developing and conducting workshops.
- Experience working with subject matter experts and other
stakeholders in developing instructional materials.
- Experience developing multimedia components using at a minimum Adobe Creative
Suite and equivalent professional tools.
- Experience with technical writing.
- Error-free written communication skills.
- Experience using Kaltura or similar video content management and streaming services.
- Quality Matters Applying the QM Rubric
- Experience using Web Content Management Systems (WCMSs.) such as WordPress or T4.
- Experience communicating technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in multimedia or writing
- More than one year of experience implementing instruction using learning and instructional design theories and
course improvement models.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience with contemporary classroom
- Experience creating computer-mediated training.
- Experience with software development, interactive
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer (certified).
- Proficiency in video editing on an Apple computer.
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Higher education experience.
- Proficiency in graphic design.
- Familiarity with instructional design theories and principles.
- Strong analytical
- Strong verbal communications skills.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant
you must apply vioa the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight
MST on the closing date.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.