Open Job in Academic & University Head Soccer Coach – HigherEdJobs
Admin – Athletics and Coaching
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Posting Date: 10/27/2017
Job Category: Staff
Position Group: Unclassified
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4978 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
To administer a Division I program in the
sport of women’s soccer consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other
appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
The Head Women’s Soccer Coach will be responsible for facilitating the
academic, athletic, and overall growth of every Women’s Soccer student-athlete. Additionally, this individual, will work closely with the
Women’s Soccer Sport Administrator and Athletic Director, to continually assess and elevate the program’s status in the areas of academics,
recruiting, budget tracking and reporting, equipment ordering, marketing/public relations, sports medicine, strength and conditioning,
departmental compliance, alumni engagement, facility management.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University
and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities involved with a Division I women’s soccer
- Develop and monitor the academic progress of students through graduation rates and APR scores.
prospective student-athletes of character who can developmentally thrive at Miami University.
- Conduct the women’s soccer program in
accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice
seasons, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA certification test, and
assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules.
- Plan and administer all practice and game related activities in
cooperation with game operations staff.
- Work with Camp Director to coordinate soccer camps.
- Schedule all contests.
- Hire and supervise full-time assistant coaches and support staff
- Develop, track, manage and be fiscally responsible for the
- Purchase and coordinate sport equipment along with assigned Equipment Manager.
- Work with strength and
conditioning staff to develop a program suitable for student-athletes.
- Work alongside the Sports Medicine personnel to ensure the
physical health and safety of all student-athletes is of utmost importance
- Process financial aid recommendations as appropriate for
the women’s soccer program.
- Monitor the admission process for incoming student-athletes with the Office of Admissions.
- Represent the women’s soccer program to outside constituencies (media, civic groups, donor functions, campus departments, student
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled required
- Assist in the identification of career outreach opportunities for student-athletes.
- Engage the Miami Women’s
Soccer alumnae across the country through a systematic stewardship process along with the help of the Sports Administrator and University
- Participate in activities as requested by the Red and White Club
- Perform other duties as assigned by
the athletic administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of NCAA rules
- Experience in teaching soccer skills, recruiting and coaching
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with
prospective student-athletes, current student-athletes, staff and University personnel
- Strong organizational skills to manage and
lead an athletic program
- Master’s Degree
- Network of contacts in
primary recruiting areas
- Division I coaching experience
Duration: 12 months (Feb-Jan contract)
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Required Documents: Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume
Application Types Accepted: Unclassified
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is firmly committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not permit and takes action to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. Miami University immediately investigates and takes disciplinary and/or remedial action when appropriate. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to Ms. Mary Jane Leveline at (513) 529-2027. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.