Open Job in Academic & University Fund Development Officer – HigherEdJobs
Fund Development Officer
Touro University California, a
rapidly growing university offering graduate programs in health sciences and education, has an excellent opportunity for a Fund Development
Officer for Touro University Advancement on our Mare Island campus. The university is part of the Touro College and University System and is
located on the northern tip of San Francisco Bay in Vallejo, California. Touro University California is an independent, non-profit
Jewish-sponsored institution. It has 1,403 students in three graduate professional colleges (Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Education and
The Fund Development Officer plans, implements and
manages strategies for cultivation, solicitation and major gifts for the benefit of the University. This position will focus on identifying
and evaluating giving potential of major and principal gift prospects through personal visits and engage them in the philanthropic priories
that advance and serve TUC’s mission. The Fund Development Officer will plan and implement a new annual fund campaign directed to alumni,
employees and community supporters. The Director will work collaboratively with the Associate Vice President for University Advancement to
identify potential donors for major gifts based on developing personal relationships and assessment of alumni data in The Raiser’s Edge. The
Director will also research, draft, and write reports, proposals, and grants to secure funding for the University. This position, reporting
to the Associate Vice President of Advancement, will have day-to-day responsibility for soliciting funds in support and for the University.
- Plan, organize and direct large-scale fundraising campaigns which include
- Make at least 10 substantive contacts per month with an emphasis on quality personal visits.
and implement customized, donor-specific cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic
support for the University by developing and maintaining relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals, including alumni,
faculty, staff, and other key community leaders which lead to grant proposals, sponsorships, and gifts through face to face personal
- Develop fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgment, recognition, and
stewardship of donors.
- Draft/Write proposals for solicitation of individual, corporate, and/or foundation prospects.
- Coordinate the solicitation, receipt and acknowledgement of private gifts to the university and provide oversight for data entry and
data maintenance in Raiser’s Edge; wealth research and prospect management.
- Participate in developing campaign materials, case
statements, and brochures; evaluate effectiveness of development programs and secure gifts at various levels; generate reports.
- Work closely with Provost, Senior Provost, Deans, and Associate Vice President of Advancement to execute advancement and campaign
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Oversee data entry and gift
processing in Raiser’s Edge.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee/Manage organization of special events in relation to the Advancement.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all
foundation and corporate fundraising. Establish short- and long-term goals for the development effort, including fundraising strategies and
building the case for support.
- Implement a thorough donor acknowledgement and stewardship system and maintain consistent contact
with major donors.
This position supervises the Administrative
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or
university. Master’s degree a plus.
- At least three years full time experience in an advancement position, preferably in a
- At least three years full time experience implementing an annual fund campaign.
- Expertise with
Blackbaud products; Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts, methods, appropriate engagement, solicitation techniques, and regulations.
a progressive, demonstrated, and documented track record of cultivating, managing, and leading major gift campaigns, managing and forging
relationships with multiple donor sources and demonstrated ability to solicit and secure significant major gifts.
interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to contribute to the University’s growth and development.
- Possess exceptional relationship
building and influencing skills, as well as strong communication skills.
- Effectively communicate results of prospect visits with
appropriate personnel, including development staff, communications staff, and executive leadership.
- Excellent public relations and
customer services skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients
and diverse groups.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain relationships with
significant and influential individuals.
- Ability to maintain consistent and meaningful contact with prospects and pre-existing
relationships with significant and influential individuals.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations.
- Ability to
maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Occasional weekend and evening work will be necessary.
Salary is competitive and
commensurate with background and experience. Letters of application and resume with a list of 3 references should be directed to:
1. Email CV: Apply@tu.edu
Name, Fund Development Officer
2. Mail: Touro University California
1310 Club Drive
Vallejo, CA 94592
Apply now at https://touro.peopleadmin.com/postings/1851
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.