Open Job in Academic & University Executive Assistant – HigherEdJobs
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Bachelor’s Degree. Two (2) years of directly
related, progressively responsible administrative experience. Experience working in an executive setting supporting a senior level
individual. Experience in a healthcare environment. Exposure to standard administrative practices. Experience managing a budget. Knowledge
of SBU HR policies and procedures. Excellent computer skills knowledge of MS Office Suites inclusive of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience with email systems and calendar scheduling systems. Excellent organizational and communications skills both written and verbal
required. Customer service skills and critical thinking skills are required. Individual must be highly organized and be able to prioritize
A Bachelor s degree in a Business Administration, Human Resource
Management or a related field. In addition, three (3) or more years of directly related, progressively responsible administrative
experience. Experience working with PeopleSoft, SBU Reporting, Oracle, ERAS, Wolfmart, SUNY Mainframe, and SMRT.
Description of Duties:
The Executive Assistant to the Assoc. VP/Vice Dean (AVP/VD) is expected to act in a highly
confidential manner and is responsible for disseminating AVP/VD decisions throughout the division. Oversight for office equipment
purchasing, upgrades and supplies. Manages office budget, reimbursement and reconciliation on AVP/VD accounts. Prepares programs/evaluations
for employees reporting to AVP/VP and perform other human resource activities. Responsible for reviewing site/ website development and
maintenance to ensure Dean s Office decisions and changes are incorporated into the site. Set priorities for VP/VD activities and
appointments. This position requires the incumbent to use discretion and independent judgment and flexibility with changing demands and
- Functions as Office Manager and serves as Executive Assistant to the AVP/VD and perform confidential administrative
duties in a professional manner.
- Direct and respond to correspondence including e-mails and phone calls. Monitor deadlines for all
matters of information and reporting to ensure completion.
- Prepare final and draft correspondence pertaining to routine matters,
evaluation and program documents for the AVP/VD s staff (12 members).
- Maintain timekeeping records for the office staff. Maintains
confidential files and correspondence.
- Coordinate AVP/VD s calendar: schedule and prioritize appointment and meetings determine
- Confirms meetings prior to scheduled appointment.
- Gather and analyze information and prepare agendas for the
following meetings: Department Administrator s, Staff, and Assoc. VP/Vice Dean s one-on-one with SVPHS/Dean.
- Takes meeting minutes
- Follow-up on action items assigned and follow-up with responsible party. Compiles necessary status reports.
- Review and prioritize all incoming mail and identify action items for the AVP/VD and advise him of time-sensitive issues.
- Screens incoming telephone calls, researching and responding to various inquiries, determine when to direct inquiries to responsible
Dean s office administrative personnel.
- Provide outstanding customer service by maintaining a courteous and helpful approach when
dealing with faculty/staff.
- Prepare and/or coordinate official correspondence and formal presentation made by the AVP/VD.
- Prepare draft document for various SOM Departments, Human Resource and other areas on campus.
- Provide administrative support
for high level searches, as needed.
- Keep abreast of activities throughout the Medical Center, Health Sciences Center, Campus, and
elsewhere that may require the A VP/VD s attention. Works collaboratively with staff in the units within the Dean s Office suite.
- Develop and manage the OTPS budget for the Office of the AVP/VD.
- The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, coordinating,
and encumbering funds for the division.
- Prepare, monitor, coordinate and expedite purchase requisition and services for the AVP/VD;
review invoices for accuracy prior to payment, performs data entry necessary to input expense information into spreadsheet format for the
maintenance of records and preparation of reports & reconciliations as needed. Prepares and coordinates all travel arrangements as
- Compile budget data as requested
- Prepares journal transfers and reconciliation for affiliated SOM areas.
- Oversee Dean s Office equipment maintenance contracts and renewals. Assist in maintaining & reporting on Property Control records
for the Dean s Suite.
- Work with Contract Officer on the management of data entry, contract correspondences and contract routing and
reporting for all 5 Schools.
- Oversee website development for the Dean s Office.
- Review periodically to ensure that the
information is up-to-date.
- Make sure that new policies and decision are incorporated into site.
- Meet with AVP/VD to review
final changes prior to implementation.
- Participates in projects and initiatives as assigned and perform other duties as requested.
This may include representing the office of the AVP/VD at campus meetings.
Special Notes: FLSA Nonexempt
position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100%%0Atobacco-free starting January 1,
2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofreewzuszxautxvsfw.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island s premier
academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony
Brook s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook
Children s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine,
Nursing and Social Welfare as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings
throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County s only tertiary care center and Regional
Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a
disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University
Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime
statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website athttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Posting Start Date:
Jun 23, 2017
Posting End Date: Jul 7, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Pay Grade: E1
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: 8:30 – 5:00
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.