Open Job in Academic & University Executive Administrative Spec. – HigherEdJobs
Dept Number/Name: 0-1001-000 / Provost’s Office
College Division: Acad Affairs-Provosts Office
Salary Plan: Staff
Job Code/Title: 2205 / Executive Administrative
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $40K – $47K
Position Number: 00004462
The University of South Florida’s mission is to deliver competitive undergraduate, graduate, and professional
programs, to generate knowledge, foster intellectual development, and ensure student success in a global environment.
University of South Florida is a global research university dedicated to student success and positioned for membership in the Association of
American Universities (AAU).
As Florida’s leading metropolitan research university, USF is dedicated to:
- Student access, learning, and success through a vibrant, interdisciplinary, and learner-centered research environment incorporating a
- Research and scientific discovery to strengthen the economy, promote civic culture and the arts, and design and
build sustainable communities through the generation, dissemination, and translation of new knowledge across all academic and health-related
- Partnerships to build significant locally- and globally-integrated university-community collaborations through sound
scholarly and artistic activities and technological innovation.
- A sustainable economic base to support USF’s continued academic
This position performs high level administrative and support duties in
the Office of the Provost. The Executive Administrative Specialist provides skilled and confidential support and serves as a liaison for the
office with other executive offices, colleges, and departments. Must be flexible in high pressure situations, willing to cooperate with team
to assure high level rush projects meet completion deadlines. Flexibility and willingness to work as part of team to solve shared challenges
- Coordinates internal and external contacts and communications. Maintains
calendars and schedules as requested in the Provosts Office.
- Schedules, arranges, and prioritizes meetings, conferences and special
events including room reservations, management, and set up.
- Coordinates development and distribution of agendas and materials for
meetings and presentations.
- Support with all areas of meeting and event planning for Provost’s Office activities.
- Organizes, gathers, researches develops and compiles data required for use at meetings, conferences, special events, appointments,
- Prepare presentation of meeting and event materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphics and
- Compose and/or prepare correspondence, memorandum, and promotional materials using appropriate word processing and
- Compile and maintain information that may require web or library researching, gathering, compiling, and updating
data and records.
- Support senior staff members in arranging travel and travel reimbursement for staff, major events, and other
administrative processes as required.
- Serves as a liaison with other USF and State University System (SUS) offices, explaining
policies, resolving problems, and providing customer service in accordance with USF’s Standards of Service.
- Perform specialized
administrative duties required to support the Provost’s Office for administrative processes, using discretion to make judgements based on
guidelines and office procedures.
position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with at least six years of experience in an office or administrative support
position. Post-secondary education may be substituted on a year for year basis for up to a maximum of 2 years of experience.
Preferred candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree and have four years of working experience
providing administrative support to a high-level executive in a fast-paced environment, preferably within an institution of higher
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level I criminal background
Job Opening Number: 14374
Posting Date: 09/13/2017
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
How to Claim Vet Preference
position allows eligible veterans and their spouses to claim Veterans’ Preference pursuant to Florida Statute 295.
Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING
APPLICATION; such documentation is required for eligibility determination.
Supporting documentation, in addition to the
DD214, may be required based on eligibility criteria be sure to remove social security number and date of birth.
information on obtaining a DD 214 visit http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ or call 1-866-272-6272.
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to
upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and
resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER
REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Campus map and location overview: USF – Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes
three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on
Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic
plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF
is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees in
the USF System, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities
to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented,
engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that
includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn
Here. Grow Here.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.