Open Job in Academic & University Director of Alumni Relations – HigherEdJobs
Vice President for Advancement and is a senior member of the Advancement team.
The Director of Alumni Relations is charged with
strengthening alumni connections and engagement while working cooperatively with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and
steward alumni giving (primarily targeting the Thiel fund), with securing commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and
volunteer service. In addition the Director collaborates with faculty members and colleagues in the administrative offices (including, the
President’s Office, Admissions, Academic Affairs, Marketing and Communication and Student Life) to create and maintain pathways for alumni
participation that advance the goals of the College. The Director serves as a liaison between the Alumni Association Board of Directors and
the academic and administrative leadership. The position will work collaboratively with Career Services in a leadership capacity to
establish the Center for Alumni Career Engagement (ACE).
implement and promote alumni programs that support the College’s strategic plan for increased Alumni engagement, collaboration on the
creation of the Center for Alumni and Career Engagement and support fundraising activities within the College Advancement, with special
focus on the Thiel fund. Specific responsibilities include:
- Enlarge and deepen
Alumni engagement and frequency of interactions with the College;
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni,
locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web
pages, and print publications
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career
information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Organizes and
directs all major alumni events, including Homecoming
- Provides staff support and serves as liaison to the Alumni Board
- Work closely with advancement/development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely
identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development-related activities via written contact reports filed in the
College’s donor processing system and periodic attendance at prospect management meetings
- Match Day Coordinator-develop with
Communications and Marketing a promotional plan that engages donors through printed, video and social media efforts to maximize the impact
of the day.
- Collaborate on Thiel Fund campaigns to reach annual target of $900,000 to $1 Million
- Email and Printed
Center for Alumni and Career Engagement:
- Works collaboratively with the Career Center to
launch an innovative Center for Alumni and Career Engagement
- Connect current students with alumni mentors and potential
opportunities throughout their four years
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
- Partner with the colleagues across the College to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services for students and
- Partner with Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in the
- Oversee and balance the budget for Alumni Relations as part of the annual Advancement
- Raise funds for
select special projects and events in collaboration with Development colleagues
- Supervise work study employees (p/t) and graduate
students, and provide guidance to alumni volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of four years of experience in alumni relations or a related field with demonstrated accomplishment in
fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and events, along with a talent for motivating
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Proven success working independently, combined
with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards in all
matters including the handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close
attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Preference for candidates with knowledge of higher education and experience working with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities specific to the role of, Director of Alumni Relations, this position requires
commitment to the College’s mission and vision, participation in the academic, athletic, social, and artistic life of the campus, and
interaction with the Greenville community. Understanding of and respect for the concept and process of shared governance in academia, the
highest integrity in all actions, and clear, consistent communication with all constituencies are also critical to success at Thiel.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by
providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.
Microsoft Word or pdf format) a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled. EOE
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.