Open Job in Academic & University Data Assistant – HigherEdJobs
Job ID: 35161
Location: Chicago, Illinois
submission and maintenance of accurate, timely, complete and reliable data and reports by implementing data management and quality assurance
procedures. Provides feedback to customers and clients regarding systematic data errors or problems. Documents revisions in codebooks and
- Responsible for the compilation of all data for clinical trials managed by the CTO. Manages project data including
extraction, entering, processing, accuracy, analysis and evaluation of data ensuring that results meet project information and deliverable
- Serves as a resource to new staff regarding quality data entry, maintenance, and departmental policies. Assists with
data for all teams and occasional audits. Partners with internal/external project and IT staff to create, review, analyze, interpret,
summarize and prepare progress and final reports.
- Provides consultation to internal/external project staff on appropriate data
management, methodological issues and analysis of data
- Participates in team and other departmental meetings to share experiences, learn about what other teams are doing
and help solve problems.
- Manages data receipt, tracking and follows up on assigned
- Detects trends and reports on patterns of errors.
- Contacts customers to obtain missing data.
and maintains codebooks, data files and memos needed for subsequent analysis of data.
- Learns and complies with appropriate
compliance and regulation requirements regarding protected data.
- Obtains required training for all electronic data capture
- Obtains applicable protocol specific training.
- Responsible for the long term follow-up with patients who are no
longer receiving active treatment which may involve direct contact with patients, their families and/or referring physicians.
- Responds to sponsor/CRO data concerns and escalates issues to management as appropriate.
- Provide Clinical data management
support to Clinical Operations team and/or study project,
- Participate in conference calls and/or meetings with vendors.
- Attend mandatory scheduled meetings
- Increase knowledge of all disease specific oncology studies to ensure efficient data
abstraction and resolution of queries.
- Assists in mentoring/training entry level data assistants.
- Gives input on CTO
policies and procedures with regards to data entry/monitoring.
- Assists with development of case report forms for internal
- Edits, codes and enters data per protocol.
- Runs reports and completes basic
- Determines data needed to be collected and the appropriate data resources for specific study/project needs.
- Abstract all required patient data from medical record sources for entry into case report forms (paper and/or electronic).
out data by contacting other hospitals and physician offices to obtain medical records as needed.
- Main contact for monitors/CRO’s
for data query resolution.
- Collaborate with DB vendors on consistent basis to address clinical team requests, respond to sponsor
queries, and resolve technical issues.
- Ensure clinical data within EDC is in quality to lock/unlock as appropriate for statistical
review, interim review, and or final database locks.
- Perform close-out duties specified by sponsors for closing studies in
- Schedule and participate in all monitor visits for assigned studies.
- Facilitate EMR access for monitors.
- Assists with any sponsor and/or internal audit requests.
- Reviews data input for accuracy,
addressing on skip patterns, coding, and other information.
- Performs cleaning/formatting tasks of datasets.
timelines stated in SOP (CO-SM-312) and individual sponsor contracts, for data entry and query resolution.
- Manages data
- Resolve issues noted in follow up letter within 3 weeks.
- Assesses protocol compliance and communicates
directly with the study coordinator and PI when compliance issues are identified.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years’ data entry or
similar experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to understand complex pathology data and cancer treatment regimens and their toxicity.
- Ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, nurses, technicians and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal and
- Medical terminology.
completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate
combination of education and experience.
- Experience in data management in a health field, exposure to cancer clinical trials.
- Computer literate in basic software, internet use, and cancer-related databases.
(Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- 2 years’ experience in cancer
- Experience with databases such as SAS/Access
- Experience working on Phase 1-IV clinical trials
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals
with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
© Copyright 2018 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.