Open Job in Academic & University Biocontainment Mechanical Manager – HigherEdJobs
The University Research Services and Administration (URSA) division is Georgia
State University’s research support resource for all grants and contracts activities, compliance and laboratory safety. The High Containment
Core is seeking to hire a diverse and skilled Biocontainment Mechanical Manager who will operate, maintain, and monitor system controls that
are critical for high and maximum containment laboratories (BSL-3, ABSL-3, BSL-4, ABSL-4). The scope of responsibility will include the
following duties but is not limited to the following,
- Maintains and keeps an inventory of parts, specialized tools, and equipment
necessary for continued operations and regular maintenance.
- Manages and maintains security systems that control direct access to the
high containment laboratories to comply with institutional policies, regulatory requirements, and occupational health
- Operates, maintains, and monitors system controls that are critical for high and maximum containment laboratories
(BSL-3, ABSL-3, BSL-4, ABSL-4): track, record, and maintain trending and operations data per regulatory requirements.
in design and commissioning of new facilities and establishes a baseline for recurring verification and quality control of these
- Plans and participates in biological waste management and validation procedures, and participates in spill prevention and
decontamination of biological spills.
- Plans and participates in preventative maintenance on biocontainment systems (e.g., effluent
decontamination systems, autoclaves, boilers, bio-seal doors, freezers, biosafety cabinets, back flow prevention, air flow monitors).
Participates in strategic planning of industrial systems that support the operation.
- Repairs containment equipment and laboratory
equipment; schedules and oversees contractors for repairs of systems and equipment where needed.
- Responds to alarms, emergencies
related to industrial systems supporting the laboratories, and assists with other emergencies as needed. The laboratories are operational
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a
comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may
change at the discretion the employee’s direct supervisor.
and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
Research & Sponsored Programs
Department: University Research Services Administration, High Containment Core
Location: Atlanta Campus
Shift: 8:30 AM- 5:15 PM | Monday – Friday
Salary: $47,227 – $69,782
Pay Grade: 17
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (Benefits Eligible)
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
The preferred candidate should posses the following attributes,
- Experience in building industrial trades: electrical, electronic or
- Ability to use building automated management systems
- Experience working in a laboratory or high performance
facility setting (hospital, nuclear, biocontainment)
- Experience in using database and Microsoft Office
- Administrative experience in preparing reports/written communication
- Effective written and verbal
- Certification in electrical and/or HVAC trades
be fully considered for this position all candidates at the time of
submission must provide the following documents that clearly
proof of education and relevant experience,
- A complete and accurate GSU
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Please note, Georgia
State University’s career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity,
gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.