Open Job in Academic & University Auditor (Risk and Compliance) – HigherEdJobs
Position Type: Exempt
This is a professional position responsible for performing compliance,
financial, and other audits, reviews, and projects as assigned. Responsible for performing procedures include reviewing, testing, and
analyzing accounting, financial, and managerial controls; creating audit plans, performing risk assessments, and testing compliance with
applicable rules, laws, policies, and other regulations; and drafting audit reports. Exercises a high degree of professional judgment in
determining and performing audit procedures and works both independently and as a member of a team. Reports to the Chief Audit Executive.
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check.
This is an IT-sensitive position subject to
Computer and Network Security policy.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs audits, reviews, and special
projects including the areas of financial, compliance, fraud, operating, and information technology.
2. Develops specific audit plans,
including the audit objectives, risks, scope, and methodology.
3. Researches and determines regulations, standards, and best practices
for area under review.
4. Reviews internal controls, identifies weaknesses in internal controls or other areas, and makes
recommendations for suggested improvements.
5. Assesses and makes recommendations to increase efficiency, effectiveness, or economy of
areas under review.
6. Performs technical portions of audits including information technology or those that require more professional
7. Prepares drafts of reports for the department head upon completion of audit or review.
8. Helps facilitate the
annual university-wide risk assessment through the use of survey tools.
9. Follows auditing and accounting standards established by
professional organizations and governing agencies.
10. Stays abreast of current auditing and accounting standards and trends through
professional development and continuing education.
11. Uses high degree of professional judgment in determining and performing audit
12. Maintains confidentiality of information.
13. May participate in opening and exit conferences with administration
for area under audit.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in records management and retention.
May require travel.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and
1. Knowledge of, or ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of professional
standards and regulations in the areas of auditing and accounting.
3. Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet,
database, word processing, and audit data analysis software.
4. Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while
maintaining a satisfactory work product.
5. Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
6. Ability to
exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
9. Ability to
work successfully as a member of a team and independently with limited supervision.
10. Ability to learn office and
11. Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
Experience and Training:
One year of experience
directly related to financial, compliance, and/or information technology auditing is required. Experience using audit data analysis software
is preferred. Government or higher education accounting/auditing experience is preferred. Advanced certification such as Certified Public
Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner, or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is required
within three years of employment.
Work Hours: Normal work hours are 8 am – 5pm M-F but may vary at times based
on audit schedule
Special Instructions: Please provide College Transcript for at least a Bachelor’s degree in
accounting as the “Other Document.”
Contact Name(s): Gina Oglesbee
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fax: 936-468-7698
Stephen F. Austin State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.