Open Job in Academic & University Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Position: Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Classification: Administrative Staff – Full Time – 12 Months – 2080 Hours
Reports To: Senior Director of Alumni Engagement
Description: The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for assisting in the creation, development, implementation,
management and evaluation of alumni programs and events designed to engage alumni and foster relationships on behalf of Carroll University.
- Plan and implement an annual calendar of programs and activities which develop strong
institutional affiliation with Carroll University alumni. These include, but are not limited to, homecoming and reunions, young alumni
events, service programs, on-campus and local events, regional events and alumni/student-related events.
- Coordinate and manage a
strong annual reunion program utilizing alumni volunteers to build participation and strengthen university affiliation.
with the Director of the Old Main Society and the Director of Annual Giving, a reunion giving program that benefits from the momentum of
alumni engaging for their milestone reunions.
- Manage and implement an engaging young alumni program to include annual events.
- Manage a robust Student Alumni Ambassador program to include the recruitment and selection process, student engagement, and
- Coordinate, manage, and execute all service programs to involve alumni and other constituents. These include, but
are not limited to, the Carroll National Service Project and Pioneers Serve: Carroll University Volunteer Day.
- Coordinate and
manage volunteers for the Office of Alumni Engagement including, but not limited to, reunion volunteers, alumni event champions, volunteers
for the Admission Office and recruiting events, and volunteers for community service events (National Service Project and Pioneers Serve:
Carroll University Volunteer Day), etc.
- Coordinate and manage alumni services including alumni discounts for Carroll facilities,
the Pioneer Shop, library access, and other programs as opportunities become available.
- Create, with the Senior Director of Alumni
Engagement, an annual strategic operating plan which includes a calendar, established measurable goals, communication and messaging plan to
alumni and an anticipated budget.
- Assist the Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and other Advancement staff with activities as
they specifically relate to the cultivation and stewardship of alumni.
- Assist with the Athletic Hall of Fame process and execution
of the induction ceremony.
- Assist with the alumni awards process and event as needed.
- Attend alumni events as needed
representing the Office of Alumni Engagement.
- Travel as needed and provide appropriate support to associated programs and
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of related experience in a
similar position for a non-profit organization, preferably in higher education.
- Preference will be given to experience in creating
and developing thoughtful alumni programs and activities and experience in coordinating volunteers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission of Carroll University.
- Strong presentation skills
are important, as this position will communicate frequently with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
interpersonal and organizational skills and an aptitude for working with people of different ages and temperaments.
- Requires the
ability to analyze situations and implement appropriate actions and responses.
- Strong writing skills in order to develop
professional reports, strategic plans and correspondence are very important.
- High energy level, self-motivated, and self-directed
to design and complete complex projects.
- Must also have the skills and desire to: multi-task and meet deadlines; be a team player;
work collaboratively; understand the principles and techniques relevant to fundraising; participation in evening and weekend activities are
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstration of integrity, positive attitude and a
sense of humor.
The Assistant Director will work with alumni, trustees, volunteers, faculty, staff, emeriti, and students.
Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
Please reference job #1617-119 and submit cover letter, resume and application to: email@example.com
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE
Carroll University is an equal opportunity employer.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.