Open Job in Academic & University Assistant Director, Annual Giving – HigherEdJobs
Job no: 502693
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Advancement, Executive/Director/Management
Department:50010000 – AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
AST DIR, Development
The Assistant Director directly manages a portfolio of direct marketing projects for the annual giving
program. This includes, but is not limited to, central mass appeals, annual giving emails, and special campaigns. Additionally, this
position will work closely with the Director, Annual Giving to design the digital strategy for annual giving, as well as manage
relationships with central and partner units to effectively and efficiently leverage data to drive decision making and strategy. In this
role, the Assistant Director will also support fundraising activities for special audiences, such as parents, as well as other special
campaigns as they arise.
Annual Giving Campaigns
- Manage and execute the annual giving campaigns
for the College of the Arts, Warrington College of Business, College of Design, Construction and Planning, College of Education, Florida
Museum of Natural History, Harn Museum of Art, College of Health and Human Performance, Honors Program, Libraries, Machen Florida
Opportunity Scholars Program, Performing Arts, Student Affairs, and College of Veterinary Medicine.
- In partnership with units, plan
and execute direct mail campaigns. Duties include working with graphics team to design packaging and art, determining appropriate
segmentation, requesting and managing data based on unit specific needs, drafting letter templates, working with units and Communications to
finalize and proof all materials, track and monitor progress to make appropriate segment changes, reporting results to units, monitoring
mail budget and managing mail associated charge backs. Creatively promote and focus on current annual giving initiatives through direct mail
such as increasing alumni participation, gathering new demographic information and securing matching gifts.
- Evaluate campaigns to
ensure goals are being met.
- Analyze unit performance and report to units on a regular basis.
- Evaluate leadership annual
giving prospects within the units and determine appropriate action to move up pipeline.
- Produce and maintain yearly production
calendar for the Office of Annual Giving with regards to these units.
Digital Strategy &
- Design and execute a digital strategy for Annual Giving.
- Work with the Director, Annual Giving
to conceptualize an integrated digital solicitation strategy provided to all units.
- Manage and execute all central development
email fundraising activities, including: quarterly email campaigns, CYE and FYE email campaigns, all direct mail follow-up emails, Gator tag
birthday reminder emails, and special projects for units.
- Work with the Director, Annual Giving, as necessary, to manage and
execute all multi-channel unit specific special campaigns.
- Develop processes to evaluate results and report statistics to
- Serve as the project manager for any major digital initiatives in annual giving, including digital ad
- Plan and execute direct marketing projects that are focused on retention.
- Organize and manage the university-wide appeal code system.
- Generate appeal codes upon request,
communicate appeal codes to unit partners, ensure appeal codes are entered into Advance, and work with Data Information Services to improve
efficiency and streamlining of the appeal code generation and dissemination process.
- Responsible for managing student employees including onboarding, training new
staff, and ensure talent management best practices in alignment with the Vision TB2 and R.A.I.S.E. Values.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of
The ideal candidate will possess:
to three years of annual giving, membership, direct mail programs, or event planning.
- Prior experience in development or
- Prior experience developing and implementing special campaigns including social media and email marketing.
- Knowledge of annual giving within philanthropy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Proven project
management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Outstanding customer service
skills; ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal constituents.
- Ability to
incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information and metrics into decision making.
- Excellent oral/ written
communications skills; excellent proof reading skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Technology savvy.
- Fluency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail.
Familiarity with email software, preferably ExactTarget.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license and good
driving record are essential.*
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this
position, applicants must upload a cover letter, rsum, and list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55
p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
The University of Florida is an equal employment opportunity institution.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.