Open Job in Academic & University Academic Advisor – School of Business
Admin – Academic Advising
Open Until Filled
- Serves as primary
academic and professional advisor for freshmen and sophomore business majors.
- Assists students in developing educational and career
- Assists students with course selection, registration, and schedule revision.
- Monitors and tracks advisee
- Maintains correspondence with advisees concerning appointments and other matters via telephone and email.
students to campus and community resources.
- Assists students with completing drop/add forms, withdrawal forms, registration, name
changes, and changes in programs of study.
- Monitors student alerts to provide support for students in need of support.
- Assists students with the transfer process.
- Support faculty advisors and prepare students to transition to faculty advisors
after they achieve upper division course status.
- Instruct students on the use of all scheduling and registration software, degree
program requirements, and enrollment expectations necessary for the student to manage their academic progress.
- Assists business
students with career development and alerting them to additional assistance on campus and in the area community.
- Coordinates the
WSOB internship program gathering internship job descriptions from employers and matching appropriate students to the internship.
- Works with exchange and study abroad students to register for classes and coordinate internships.
- Attends campus and community
- Attends college and career fairs.
- Gives campus tours.
- Participates in new student orientation
and registration activities.
- Assists students with initial scheduling and with adjustment to academic life.
Degree in business preferred or other appropriate academic field.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and oral and written
- Computer (MS Office) and Internet proficiency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND/OR
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and
job related software programs.
- Knowledge of issues and trends related to adult learners.
- Knowledge of college registration
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
in oral and written communication.
- Degree from Dalton State College in business preferred.
- Experience with business
- Background in SACS-COC and/or AACSB accreditation.
- Experience in Assurance of learning
- More than three years of related work experience preferred.
Screening of applications will begin November
1, 2017. Serious candidates should have all materials submitted by that date; however, applications will be accepted until position is
Dalton State College
Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and facilities of the College do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability. Dalton State College is an Affirmative Action Program Institution.
© Copyright 2017 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.