Free open Job in Wales Senior Project Officer (Supercomputing Wales) at Swansea University
Swansea University – College of Science
to £32,548 together with USS benefits (Grade 7)
|Placed on:||1st December 2017|
|Closes:||2nd January 2018|
Supercomputing Wales is a strategic programme of investment in Higher Education intended to change the way supercomputer facilities are used to support research activities in Wales. The programme is led by Cardiff University, in a consortium with Aberystwyth, Bangor and Swansea Universities, and HPC Wales Ltd.
With an estimated total cost close to £15m, the programme will fund the purchase and running of new High Performance Computing (HPC) equipment, along with necessary technical posts to support the operation of the equipment. The programme will also support a new cohort of ‘Research Software Engineers’ to work with academic researchers to develop software codes and algorithms using the supercomputing facilities.
The programme targets include capturing more research funding for Wales, creating more highly-skilled research jobs, and increasing collaborations with other research-active partners, all built on improved HPC capacity provided through Supercomputing Wales. The programme will be part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund via Welsh Government (c. £9m in total), and by the university partners.
Working as a part of the Supercomputing Wales consortium, Swansea University is seeking to appoint a Senior Project Officer to ensure all appropriate rules, regulations, procedures and systems are applied successfully to Supercomputing Wales, communicated to the relevant parties and understood. The Senior Project Officer will have overall responsibility for the planning, management, monitoring and compliance of Swansea University’s input to Supercomputing Wales, from both a financial and target outputs perspective. The Senior Project Officer will be required to produce reports on a weekly basis, tracking progress of the operation against profile and leading on remedies for any deficiencies.
- Application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives
- Monitoring and evaluating progress against the plan
- Maintaining communication with partners, observers and stakeholders; taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Managing and reporting on the compliance of the operation and undertaking appropriate action when required;
- Responsible for budget management, ensuring income and expenditure is on track and eligible in accordance with the governance as set out by Swansea University, WEFO and the EU. Where applicable, undertake appropriate action to ensure effective budget management
- Throughout the lifetime of the operation take responsibility for the management of the records and ensure they are kept in accordance with the University and WEFO guidance and regulatory requirements
- Take the necessary decisions and actions to ensure all appropriate rules, regulations, procedures and systems are applied successfully to the operation
- Furnish the Directors with breakdowns of all aspects of the operation as and when required
- Manage and be responsible for liaising with internal and external stakeholders in a timely fashion as and when required
- Assist in contributing to marketing activities including assisting with the organisation of and attending events
- Promote equality and diversity in working practices and maintain positive working relationships and provide training and advice when necessary
- Required to carry out any other duties as directed by the Head of School/Department or their nominated representative expected within the grade definition
This post closes at midnight 2 January 2018.
Applicants will find full job details together with the online application link: www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingId=5655&nPostingTargetId=9554&id=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&LG=UK&mask=suext
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and particularly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback