Free open Job in Wales Project Officer at Swansea University
Main Purpose of the Post
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support for the FLIGHT project (a €2M project funded by the ERC) through the delivery of a custom-designed wind tunnel, which is central to the main project objectives. This will be achieved by liaising closely with the external contractor and internal partners (including College personnel and central teams in procurement, estates, REIS and legal departments). The person will be capable of working independently to co-ordinate activities across project partners.
The hours could be flexible, such that the same hours are not necessarily worked every week.
The Project Officer is expected to co-ordinate a small project team with direction from a project board or senior manager at the university. The Project Officer is responsible for applying the following independently in situations of limited complexity:
- The post holder will be responsible for liaising with the external contractor and the University to ensure that the project progresses according to the agreed timeline and that milestones (including those associated with payment) are met.
- The post-holder will also establish mechanisms to maintain contact between all University stakeholders and enable timely delivery of the project objectives.
- Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with stakeholders and members of the project team and the University.
- Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups involved in the project
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints, i.e. developing solutions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards an Association for Project Management (APM) qualification
- Willingness to work towards APM membership
- Experience in managing and monitoring project finances to ensure that the project is delivered within budget and achieves value for money
- Experience in creating a detailed project plan on a project with limited complexity and then managing and monitoring the plan to ensure successful completion of activities to achieve the required quality, timescales and budget targets
- Experience of identifying risks and planning, implementing and monitoring responses to those risks on a complex project
- Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders on a project of limited complexity
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good organisational skills, the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, and to organise and prioritise own work and that of others in order to meet project milestones
- Good communication skills with the ability to converse with a range of stakeholders, and clear evidence of effective presentation skills, report-writing skills
- Knowledge of a project management planning tool such as MS Project
- Knowledge of European procurement regulations
Informal enquiries contact details and Further Information
For informal enquiries, please contact Emily Shepard at: E.L.C.Shepard@Swansea.ac.uk