Free open Job in Wales Programme Assistant at Swansea University
Swansea University – College of Arts and Humanities
|Placed on:||31st May 2017|
|Closes:||13th June 2017|
Salary: £21,220 to £23,879 per annum (pro-rata if part time), together with NEST Pension benefits (National Employment Savings Trust) www.nestpensions.org.uk
Main Purpose of the post
The College of Arts and Humanities’ Programme Enhancement Team will provide high quality professional services to students, staff and external stakeholders. The Programme Enhancement Team will enable and deliver, where appropriate, college wide change, affecting improvements in key strategic areas to enhance the Swansea student experience. The office is committed to ensuring service excellence through engagement, partnership and innovation.
The Programme Assistant will sit within the Programme Enhancement Team. The Office works to enhance the quality of programmes within the college, and encompasses new programme design and delivery, programme review and development, and employability. The role holder will be required to: Assist in the delivery of the communications strategy for employability; Promote and develop internal and external partnerships; Administrate the CoAH placement schemes; Collect and collate student feedback; Provide administrative support for new degree programmes.
Reporting to the Academic Programme Manager, the post holder will also work closely with the Employability Officer to assist in the day-to-day running of Employability initiatives within the college. It is anticipated that the post-holder will play a key role in building relationships with business partners, driving forward the marketing and communications strategy of the office, and will be a key point of contact and liaison for college staff, students and placement providers.
The post-holder will be required to be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and under pressure, working with key stakeholders in Colleges and Professional Services whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Educated to GCSE standard, Grade C or above.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a busy team.
- Experience of building positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Experience of dealing with data, including data collection and data entry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to present information in a clear and accurate manner to varied audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, and Excel.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving to resolve day-to-day problems relating to the area of work.
- Ability to interpret data and present it in report format.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to achieve defined outcomes.
- Demonstrable evidence of taking pride in delivering professional services and solutions.
- Ability to work together in an environment of equality, trust and respect to deliver services that strive to exceed the needs and expectations of customers.
- Demonstrable evidence of providing a caring approach to all of your customers ensuring a personalised and positive experience.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Heidi Waddington at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply on line please go to:
Closing date is 11pm on Tuesday, 13 June 2017.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback