Free open Job in Wales Principal Research Officer at University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
Full Time, Fixed Term until 31.01.2022
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to recruit a Principal Research Officer to work on the exciting Advanced Design Engineering (ADE) project, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The project is based in UWTSD’s Centre for Batch Manufacture (CBM), located in UWTSD’s brand new Innovation Quarter at SA1 in Swansea.
The ADE project will focus on the application of the industrial digital technologies and advanced manufacturing technologies that are at the heart of the ‘fourth industrial revolution’, the so-called Industry 4.0 (I4.0) revolution. I4.0 technologies that will be deployed in the ADE project will include, virtual reality modelling and data capture, 3-D scanning, computer aided design, simulation and analysis, reverse engineering, rapid prototyping and tooling, and additive manufacturing in a range of materials.
You will lead the management and delivery of the project, which is designed to drive the successful translation of research and innovation processes into new and improved commercial products, processes and services, in particular, through improved technology transfer from HEIs in the area of additive manufacturing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading and coordinating the development of a portfolio of collaborative projects with Welsh manufacturing companies, in line with the objectives of the ADE project.
- Developing and communicating a clear vision of the ADE project’s strategic direction.
- Acting as the overall project manager with responsibility for planning and implementing the ADE research project, monitoring progress in order to ensure the achievement of financial and research objectives.
- Leading and coordinating research activity in the ADE project, providing overall academic leadership for project delivery.
- Acting as an important source of expertise advice and ‘know how’ to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding, and originating new and original solutions to problems in the application of additive manufacturing processes.
- Leading and developing links with external contacts to foster collaboration and share information and ideas and promoting the ADE project, subject and the institution.
Further details, including the full Person Specification for the role, can be found in the Job Description on the University’s website.
Closing date: 12th July 2019, 5pm.
For further information about the position and an application form, visit the University’s website: www.uwtsd.ac.uk/jobs/ or alternatively contact the Human Resources Department on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
Please note: in order to apply and be considered for the post you will need to complete an application form, as CVs are only accepted as supporting documents to a completed form.
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to the Job Applicant Privacy Notice, here: www.uwtsd.ac.uk/jobs/
The scheme has been part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.