Free open Job in Wales Library Operations Manager – University Library Service at Cardiff University
to £30,175 Grade 5 p.a.
|Placed on:||11th July 2017|
|Closes:||27th July 2017|
We are currently recruiting for a Library Operations Manager. You will manage the operation of the on and off-site Research Reserve locations where our lesser used library materials are kept. In addition, you will support the Physical Collections Lead in the implementation of the “Redefining Collections” programme which seeks to analyse the scope, nature and storage needs of the library collections. This position will require a flexible approach as you will work in a variety of the University Library Service’s locations as the projects from the programme develop.
The post is full time, 35 hours per week.
The post is all year round and fixed term until 31 July 2020
The position is available from 7th August 2017
You will be part of a team ensuring that the library services:
- Are delivered in a customer friendly and customer focussed way, in line with the library service’s Customer Care Policy;
- Are responsive to the changing needs of University staff, students and those of the appropriate NHS Trust;
- Support the University’s teaching, learning and research programmes;
- Support the University’s “Way Forward” strategy (http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/thewayforward).
You will engage and uphold the University Library Service’s values and behaviours. See below:
- We encourage feedback from our customers
- We treat customers and colleagues with respect
- We are solution-focused
- We listen to staff at all levels
- We work effectively together to deliver professional services
- We are consistent, fair and approachable
- We value honest, transparent and clear communication
- We take pride in delivering excellence
- We encourage and support our staff to achieve their full potential
- We anticipate future needs
- We embrace change and innovate
- We review our performance to drive change
- We put the customer at the heart of the improvements
- We learn from and share best practice
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
It is of the utmost importance that you complete a supporting statement using the person specification and evidence each criteria appropriately.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback