Free open Job in Wales Lecturer Therapeutic Studies at University of South Wales
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Education is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (part-time, temporary) to join the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies. The successful applicant will module lead and teach at postgraduate level, primarily on MA Art Psychotherapy course.
We would like to hear from you if you could:
- Teach across a range of modules, incorporating experiential and group supervision facilitation, art psychotherapy skills group facilitation and delivery of lectures
- Contribute to the development and allocation of placements
- Module Lead the assessment, marking and related administration
- Contribution to student recruitment and admission processes
- Support the supervision of Masters dissertation projects
- Engage in research, scholarly activity and/ or external training
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant and enthusiastic team, which encompasses a wide range of psychotherapy approaches. This job may suit you if you are an experienced lecturer, a therapist with up-to-date knowledge of the subject area and are committed to training of new therapists in best practice. You will hold Registered status with the HCPC as an Arts Therapist and hold Professional membership of the British Association of Art Therapists (or equivalent), or eligible to apply for accreditation. Experience of teaching in Higher or Further Education is preferred. Interest in developing a research profile is a strong advantage.
The course is based at our light and modern Newport City Centre Campus, which has excellent public transport links. Students benefit from placements in our in-house counselling services and a purpose built counselling clinic used by both courses and services.
The terms and conditions of the post (including grade and salary) will be those of the University of South Wales.