Free open Job in Wales Fixed Term Lecturer in Human Geography
Main Purpose of the Post
Swansea University is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Human Geography on a fixed-term basis, commencing September, 2018, for a period of 12 months, to cover a period of leave funded by a Leverhulme Fellowship.
The post requires a contribution to teaching in Human Geography at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including in Urban Geography and Social Science Research Methods, in addition to small group (tutorial) teaching; the sharing of organisational and academic administrative responsibilities; and provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to pursue their own research agenda and engage with colleagues in a vibrant research environment. The post requires high quality delivery of teaching and student learning and a commitment to enhancing the overall student experience; a commitment to equality and diversity; and a commitment to undertaking research.
- A PhD in a relevant subject area or a degree and relevant professional experience or qualification
- Recognised teaching qualification or equivalent or a commitment to achieve this; an ability to deliver high-quality teaching in Human Geography and contribute to a positive student experience
- A record of research outputs and dissemination in quality publications or other media
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve, or having success in securing resources to underpin original research activity
- Recognition for contribution to the discipline
- Evidence of demonstrating involvement in effective postgraduate supervision or the ability to do so.
- Evidence of or ability to undertake effective delivery of teaching, assessment and review of modules or other components of the taught portfolio.
- Taking an active part in decisions and activities in an academic unit or institution, beyond own research and teaching commitments.
Informal enquiries contact details and Further Information
Please contact Professor David Clarke on D.B.Clarke@Swansea.ac.uk or Professor Marcus Doel on m.a.doel@Swansea.ac.uk