Job offer available in Scotland UK Biobank Data Analyst at The University of Edinburgh
We are seeking to appoint a data analyst to contribute to the development of UK Biobank, an international research resource based on data of unparalleled breadth and depth from 500,000 UK adults (www.ukbiobank.ac.uk).
You will join Professor Cathie Sudlow’s team in the Centre for Medical Informatics, in the Usher Institute on the University of Edinburgh’s Little France campus. You will work with large amounts of complex, real world, electronic health-related data linked to UK Biobank participants. You will provide data management, manipulation and analysis expertise and support to the UK Biobank team of epidemiologists, statisticians and clinicians, assisting with development of algorithms to adjudicate disease outcome status among thousands of UK Biobank participants.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good degree and higher degree in a scientific or numerate subject, or able to demonstrate relevant and equivalent experience;
- Experience in writing complex queries to interrogate databases;
- The ability to extract data and a good understanding of transferring and transforming data, for analysis using different statistical packages;
- Experience in using one or more statistical software packages;
- Very good archiving, data management, and organizational skills;
- The ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team;
This post is full-time (although we also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time), and funded for 2 years in the first instance, starting as soon as possible.
Please include your CV and a supporting statement with details of how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience required for this post.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Robin Flaig (Robin.Flaig@ed.ac.uk). If you are interested but don’t have exactly the right skills and experience, or are over-qualified for this particular role, please do get in touch to talk about opportunities.
For more information and to submit an application, please use the ‘apply’ button above.