Job offer available in Scotland Study Coordinator at University of Dundee
Duration of employment: 31 December 2019
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a Study Coordinator.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic individuals to manage the Scottish Government funded ActWELL trial. The trial is now in the follow up phase having recruited 560 women across four sites: Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow. It is a randomised controlled trial of a lifestyle intervention aimed at weight loss and increased physical activity among women invited to NHS routine breast screening. The intervention is delivered in the community by volunteer lifestyle coaches from the charity Breast Cancer Now.
This is a novel trial and requires ongoing coordination and facilitation. The post holder will have a key role in the retention of trial participants and the collection and management of data in accordance with the protocol. You will be joining a team that undertakes evidence-based research and evaluation on a wide range of health behaviours.
The University of Dundee enjoys an international reputation for excellence that attracts top-class students and academics from across the world – with over 140 countries represented in the University community. You will be based at Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, one of Europe’s largest teaching hospitals where the School of Medicine provides outstanding opportunities in medical education and training supported by world class research facilities.
Your priorities will include:
- Ensure that high quality research data is obtained through skilled and accurate data collections according to the protocol
- Resolve relatively complex issues, respond to the changing work environment and manage any changes during the trial period
- Resolve day to day operational matters
- Act as a key Contact for investigators and research staff by supplying information and support pertinent to the trial need
Who we’re looking for:
- First degree in nursing, biomedical or life sciences preferably with a relevant higher degree
- Experience of Clinical Research
- Experience of working directly with investigators and trial teams to implement and deliver trial protocols
- Experience with a clinical trial data management system
- Good knowledge of current scientific, regulatory and ethical frameworks defining trial management activity
The calibre of research at Dundee is high, with 95 per cent of staff working in areas of national or international excellence. Dundee benefits from a developed network of inter-disciplinary researchers collaborating across various Schools across our community.
For further information about this position please contact Professor Annie S. Anderson at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 10 March 2019. Interviews are planned to take place on Thursday, 14 March 2019.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.