Job offer available in Scotland Physiotherapist for Gait Analysis Services at University of Dundee
Part-time – 0.6FTE
Duration of appointment – 3 year fixed term in the first instance with annual review and objective setting
We are recruiting a Physiotherapist for the Gait Analysis Service in the Department of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery (TORT) to take the lead on data recording, analysis and reporting of clinical gait analysis data and also provide support for teaching students as well as project supervision in the department.
The post is located within the Institute of Motional Analysis & Research (IMAR) at the TORT Centre. Based in Ninewells Hospital site, one of Europe’s largest teaching hospitals, the School of Medicine provides outstanding medical education and training supported by world class research facilities.
Your priorities will include:
- Being directly involved in the clinical decision making process as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Working independently, providing specialist support for individuals undergoing or who have undergone multisite surgery
- Working closely with Orthopaedic Surgeons in the planning and management of patients undergoing orthopaedic surgery
- Providing support for undergraduate and postgraduate students, including supervision of Master’s level research projects
- Clinical Gait data recording, analysis and reporting
Who we’re looking for:
- A degree at UG or PG level in Physiotherapy is essential
- You will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, having regular contact with patients, visitors, students and staff on a day to day basis
- You must be able to demonstrate a professional manner at all times
- You will be self-motivated and have an ability to work independently and learn quickly
- You will have experience of working as an autonomous practitioner, particularly with children
- You will have a basic understanding of 3D Gait Analysis and its role in patient assessment
For further information about this position please see attached Job Description and contact Dr. Graham Arnold, Laboratory Manager, TORT Centre. Tel. 01382 383503, e-mail email@example.com.
To find out more about the TORT Centre please visit https://www.orthopaedics.dundee.ac.uk/
The closing date for applications is 27 June 2019. Interviews will take place on 3 July, candidates requiring remote interview i.e. via skype will be accommodated as far as is possible.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.