Job offer available in Scotland Maths Tutor at Study Group
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
We are proud to introduce the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre, which is newest addition to the Study Group network. We’re opening the doors in September to talented international students, and are now looking to build an experienced team of Tutors (full time, part time, and variable hours available) that would thrive from the challenge.
For this job role, you will deliver modules from our Undergraduate Foundation Year programme. You will work with small groups of Maths students, giving you the opportunity to be innovative with your lesson design and delivery.
Working from modern facilities, you will have access to high quality learning technologies, and will be encouraged to think outside of the box to ensure the students have a world-class experience whilst studying a Maths in the UK.
This job will be full of challenge and will require commitment, motivation, passion, and dedication. So if you are a school teacher, college tutor/lecturer or a university academic, looking for a unique opportunity then we are really interested in speaking with you.
- You will deliver high quality teaching of modules to groups of international students.
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning.
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will need experience teaching a Maths in UK higher, further education or sixth form context.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a Maths (or relevant subject)
- Experience, and a positive track record, of working with staff teams, evaluating performance and identifying development needs.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- Ability to take holidays flexibly outside typical school holiday dates
- Opportunities and contribution towards your professional development.
- Excellent promotion opportunities across a network of ISCs
- You will be working on the University of Aberdeen’s campus with access to facilities and really closely with academics and professional services staff.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.