Job offer available in Scotland Marketing Officer x4 at University of Stirling
University of Stirling – Communications, Marketing & Public Engagement
to £38,183 per annum (Grade 7)
|Placed on:||7th April 2017|
|Closes:||30th April 2017|
The Marketing Officer (x4 posts) will be responsible for the development and implementation of University marketing initiatives supporting marketing and recruitment targets, which are fully aligned with the University’s marketing strategy. The post holder (x4 posts) will also support one of the University’s five academic faculties, providing content marketing support to deliver a range of marketing activities, in particular through media planning and integrated campaigns to support the delivery of student recruitment targets.
The successful candidate (x4 posts) will be an ambitious marketing professional, with experience in copywriting, editing, and running integrated marketing campaigns – including digital media campaigns. They will be data-driven, with the analytical ability to inform strategy.
The post holder (x4 posts) will be highly motivated, working on their own initiative as required, and managing their daily workload. Confident in expressing their views, they will be able to offer professional advice and guidance to senior academic and professional support staff, as well as external stakeholders.
A critical eye for detail and high level verbal and written communications skills are core to the job. Discretion, persuasiveness, and the ability to be assertive when required is important.
Description of Duties
- Create, deliver, and implement integrated marketing plans to support the breadth of marketing activity including: undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment, and academic research, alumni, and events-related activity.
- Manage student enquiry, application, and conversion activity, and campaigns to ensure recruitment targets and strategic objectives are met.
- Ensure marketing activities comply with Brand and Campaign guidelines, and are consistently applied across all media platforms.
- Provide support and guidance to faculties and professional services on the full marketing mix including: advertising, photography, film, print, content, market research, exhibitions, publications, and digital marketing.
- Create, manage, and oversee production of HTML content to ensure ongoing conversion initiatives for the faculty and the University.
- Manage and monitor online promotional campaigns (e.g. Google Adwords, PPC), social media channels, and lead, manage, and evaluate online profiles and entries on internal and external websites/databases and integrate evaluation techniques.
- Maintain and develop an up-to-date library of compelling faculty facts, student case studies/stories, and a photo/film library for use in online and offline marketing communications.
- Produce annual faculty marketing budget proposal covering forecast and recommended spends and monitor/reconcile budgets of all marketing activities undertaken by the faculty on a monthly basis.
- Support communication of our research (including a new strand of activity around paid social media to support research ambitions), and profile the University’s strategic research themes.
- Represent the University at events including: agent and student presentations and other recruitment events including Open Days; and produce the relevant marketing collateral to support these events.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate marketing strategic objectives, and work with the Marketing Manager to ensure the University’s marketing implementation plans are aligned.
- Create and edit rich-media, high-quality content for University publications and marketing materials (online and offline). This includes compiling content, commissioning copywriters and photographers, developing design briefs, and liaising with external agencies and suppliers.
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback