Job offer available in Scotland Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Teaching & Research) at University of Dundee
University of Dundee – Business and Management Studies
to £56,950 per annum (grade 8-9)
|Placed on:||14th November 2017|
|Closes:||14th December 2017|
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties
Grade 8/9 (£39,992 – £47,722/£50,618 – £56,590)
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to enhance the excellence in teaching and research in the area of Management within the School of Social Sciences and the University of Dundee School of Business. Preference will be given to candidates who have an interest in Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour and or global international management practices. The successful candidate would be expected to take an active role in the teaching of our successful programmes of study as well a willingness to develop new programmes in the area. In addition to teaching and administrative duties the successful candidate will undertake excellent research with demonstrable impact. Pursuit of external grant funding and regularly publishing research papers in top ranked journals are essential along with a strategy for knowledge exchange.
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- PhD in a relevant subject or closely aligned areas of study.
- Clear evidence of excellence in University learning and teaching.
- Experience of teaching management, HRM and OB.
- Experience of setting, marking, assessing work and examinations and providing feedback to students.
- Experience of supervision of undergraduate and/or taught postgraduate student projects.
- Develop research objectives, project and proposals.
- Conduct individual or collaborative research projects.
- Ability to identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others.
- Evidence of effective team membership.
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Experience of curriculum development and review.
- Experience of successful international recruitment.
- Experience of Public Engagement.
- Membership of the Higher Education Academy.
College / School / Directorate Information
To further discuss the details of this post, informal inquires may be made to Professor Kevin Grant, email@example.com.
The University of Dundee is a diverse community and we are committed to opportunity for all. We have a flexible and supportive working environment, offering a range of family friendly policies’. We have staff networks for LGBT and BME staff and a comprehensive Disability Service. We are also holders of an Athena Swan Bronze Award and members of Stonewall.
We welcome applications from all who meet the requirements for the post and in particular women and BME staff, who are currently under represented in the School.
The University of Dundee is a Scottish Registered Charity, No. SC015096.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback