Job offer available in Scotland International Officer at University of Dundee
2 Posts available
The Directorate of External Relations aims to enhance the reputation of the University through effective engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, external and internal, and thus support income generation. It includes student recruitment and admissions, marketing, corporate communications, internal communications, alumni and development, web services, creative services and events and public engagement.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individuals to join us as an International Officer within our Global Engagement & Recruitment Team to support the strategic business development and operational management of the University of Dundee’s international recruitment effort, with the aim of increasing the profile of the University and the number of incoming students across all levels from South East Asia (ASEAN) and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Working under the day-to-day operational supervision of the Senior International Officer and Regional Lead, the post will contribute to the development of University’s international activity and meeting strategic internationalisation objectives and targets.
Your priorities will include:
- Participate in international recruitment activities, e.g. representing the University overseas at education fairs and coordinating independently arranged visits to interview students and meet with existing and potential partners
- Represent the university at overseas events, missions, and conferences
- Confidently deliver engaging presentations to a range of audiences, including potential students and their parents, and staff in schools and colleges
- Develop, monitor and support the University’s in-country agents utilizing the university Agent Management Strategy as directed by the Senior International Officer and Regional Lead.
- Work within a Regional team to support the delivery and evaluation of regional Recruitment and Marketing plans.
Who we’re looking for:
- Educated to Degree level or relevant work experience
- Experience in a customer focused role
- Willingness to build upon and increase knowledge and understanding of the international education environment in the UK HE sector
- Competent user of IT/Microsoft Office – especially skilled in using Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages
- Responsibility for own workload in accordance with guidelines/policies
We are one of the UK’s leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni. Professional Services directorates are key to delivering the University strategy and driving change across the University.
For further information about this position please contact Will Harman at email@example.com. To find out more about Global Engagement and Recruitment please visit Website.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.