Job offer available in Scotland Front End Developer (Web) at Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University – Information Services
|Placed on:||3rd May 2017|
|Closes:||26th May 2017|
The Front-end Developer will be part of a small team of developers who provide expertise and technical skills in the implementation, development, integration, configuration, support and maintenance of new and existing web systems.
As Front-end Developer, you will engage with stakeholders across the University to provide guidance and direction in the development of our websites.
You will need to capture customer requirements, and use project management methodology and your technical skills, to provide effective and efficient delivery of software solutions to customers.
You will have the interest and ability learn new content management systems, and be able to become a technical system owner, providing development and support for that system.
You will be adaptable and flexible, able to prioritise in a very busy environment and deliver within tight deadlines. You will have first-class communication and organisational skills, and the ability to work effectively within a team that is committed to delivering the best possible services.
To apply for this role, you will need an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or significant experience in a web/digital role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Front-end development of websites, with a responsibility for development, design and integration of web templates.
- Implement, develop, manage and support a range of content management systems.
- Liaise closely with external consultants/agencies that support the Heriot-Watt websites and systems.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications to promote a consistent web platform.
- Provide a web development service to all Heriot-Watt users.
- Liaise with key clients, appropriate policy groups and committees to ensure standards of quality in the University’s web presence.
- Prioritise demands within pre-determined deadlines to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions that meet the needs of users and comply with corporate standards.
- Ensure both new and current web-based systems are integrated seamlessly into the Heriot-Watt architecture and documented accordingly.
- Evaluate new and existing software/hardware applications to enhance the web environment.
- Provide support as required to other members of the team.
- Provide support and maintenance to web system users for existing systems, including first, second and third line support where appropriate.
For application details and further information please go to: www.hw.ac.uk/apply-jobs
Ref: IRC9688 Closing Date: 26th May 2017.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback