Job offer available in Scotland Clinical Research Fellow at University of Dundee
We are recruiting for a Clinical Research Fellow within MEMO Research.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated doctor to join our team, to assist in running existing and new Clinical Research Trials in Cardiovascular Medicine. This would be an ideal position for someone who is keen to do research during their specialist training, or any doctor with an interest in broad development of their research skills and experience.
MEMO Research delivers observational studies and streamlined clinical trials. Our dynamic and responsive team incorporates a broad range of expertise to deliver innovative research. The post is based in the combined Medicines Monitoring Unit (MEMO Research) & Hypertension Research Centre (HRC) which is part of the Division of Molecular and Clinical Medicine of the University located on the Ninewells Hospital & Medical School site. The unit hosts a variety of research staff including physicians, pharmacists, research nurses, statisticians, computer programmers and support staff. It is part of the British and Irish Hypertension Society research network and is closely aligned with the NHS Regional cardiovascular risk clinic, a European Society of Hypertension centre of excellence.
The University of Dundee enjoys an international reputation for excellence that attracts top-class students and academics from across the world – with over 140 countries represented in the University community. You will be based at Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, one of Europe’s largest teaching hospitals where the School of Medicine provides outstanding opportunities in medical education and training supported by world class research facilities.
Your priorities will include:
- Working as a clinician as part of the multi-disciplinary team running several trials in MEMO Research and the Hypertension Research Centre.
- Helping to design and undertaking additional research studies or sub-studies.
- Contributing to the production of project reports and publications.
- Undertaking clinical end point validation for several on-going large-scale clinical trials.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who is keen to do research during their specialist training, someone wanting to gain some experience of research or someone wanting to pursue a career in research long-term.
- Someone who has a primary medical qualification recognised in the UK and has a licence to practice within the UK by the General Medical Council. Must also hold MRCP, MRCGP or equivalent level qualification.
This role is available from 1st October 2018 and is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2018 in the first instance with the possibility of extending for another 24 months or further depending on additional funding becoming available.
For further information about this position please contact Prof Thomas MacDonald: email@example.com or Dr Isla Mackenzie: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the MEMO Research Unit please visit https://www.memoresearch.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 9 September 2018, with interviews shortly thereafter.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK University of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall a full range of disability services as well, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.