Job offer available in Scotland Biomedical Research Manager at Myeloma UK
to £40,000 per annum
|Placed on:||14th September 2017|
|Closes:||6th October 2017|
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK dealing exclusively with myeloma, a blood cancer originating in the bone marrow. Our ultimate goal is to find a cure.
We are dedicated to ensuring that patients get access to the right treatment at the right time, and to improving standards of treatment. Our organisation also provides a range of information and support services to patients, family and friends to help deal with a diagnosis of myeloma.
Our Research Team is responsible for leading and delivering an ambitious programme of myeloma research encompassing biomedical and health services research.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to manage our biomedical research funding programmes. These currently include the Myeloma UK Clinical Trial Network of early-phase clinical trials, a Programme Grant at the Institute of Cancer Research and a Foundation grant with the Structural Genomics Consortium at Oxford.
This role will be based in Edinburgh, although the successful candidate will be expected to travel occasionally to meet with grant holders and research partners across the UK.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Myeloma UK’s research partners and grant holders to implement and ensure highest standards of practice and governance
- Systematic collation and internal reporting of key data and metrics from Myeloma UK-funded biomedical research including budgets, progress milestones, outputs, outcomes and impact
- Input into strategy development for Myeloma UK’s biomedical research funding
- Provision of key information and scientific evidence summaries relating to the biomedical myeloma research landscape, including: drug development pipelines, the environments for laboratory and clinical trials research, innovative funding models and opportunities for research partnerships or other initiatives
- Provide a secretariat for Myeloma UK expert review and advisory groups
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a biomedical/health field
- Experience in academic biomedical/clinical research
- Knowledge of the principles of research/grant funding
- Proven expertise in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Ability to take the initiative and to manage a wide range of tasks, working well under pressure
If you are excited by the opportunity to work with an exceptional organisation to significantly improve the lives of people affected by this complex and challenging cancer, and think that you have the skills and experience necessary for this key role, we want to hear from you.
For further information and a detailed job description visit www.myeloma.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us or call Eleanor Hughes on 0131 557 3332.
To apply, send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or Eleanor Hughes, Myeloma UK, 22 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh EH7 4HG.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6 October 2017. First interviews will be held on 18 or 19 October 2017.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback