Job offer available in Scotland Bioinformatician at Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK
to £39,900 per annum
|Placed on:||7th July 2017|
|Closes:||7th August 2017|
The Beatson Institute in Glasgow is one of Europe’s leading cancer research centres. It is core funded by Cancer Research UK and supports cutting edge research into the molecular mechanisms of cancer development. The Institute has recently moved to a new facility that provides an outstanding research environment, underpinned by state-of-the art core services and advanced technologies.
PRECISION-Panc is an ambitious programme of multi-disciplinary research that aims to learn more about the molecular and genetic changes that drive pancreatic cancer, and to feed this understanding back into future clinical trials to match patients to particular treatments based on molecular profile. As part of this programme Dr Jen Morton runs a preclinical team working on preclinical models of pancreatic cancer and investigating how to use genetic and transcriptomic analyses to identify therapeutic vulnerabilities.
We are seeking a bioinformatician skilled in analysing large biological data sets, who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment and can provide support in solving complex biological problems relating to cancer genetics.
The successful applicant will ideally have all or most of the following:
- Experience in biomedical research, functional genomics, proteomics or modelling biological systems (1 year minimum).
- Good post-graduate degree (PhD or MSc) in bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics or life sciences.
- Demonstrable experience of programming in at least one of Perl, Python, Java or C/C++.
- Knowledge of statistics and/or experience in database administration.
- Experience in Linux/Unix.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary research environment.
For formal enquiries please e-mail Dr Morton at email@example.com
All applications must be made via our website at http://www.beatson.gla.ac.uk/Scientific-Officers/jen-morton.html
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback