Job offer available in Scotland Associate Professor/Professor of Education at University of Stirling
University of Stirling – Faculty of Social Sciences
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and Benefits|
|Placed on:||17th March 2017|
|Closes:||17th April 2017|
Location: Stirling Campus
The Faculty of Social Sciences at the University or Stirling seeks a Professor or Associate Professor of Education. This is a key leadership post in the Faculty. We are especially interested in applicants with specialisms and expertise in one or more of the following areas related to school education and/or early years: curriculum, pedagogy, teacher professional education; and educational leadership. The successful applicant will provide research leadership and enhance capacity within at least one the Faculty’s education-focused research groups (Curriculum and Pedagogy; Professional Education and Leadership), and may also be able to contribute to the newly formed Stirling Network for Curriculum Studies and the other faculty research groups (for example, Child Well-being and Protection; Public Services and Governance).
Description of Duties
- To extend the research expertise and capacity within the Faculty.
- To contribute to the strategic research leadership of the Faculty and to support and encourage the research and scholarship activities of less experienced colleagues, particularly in support of research-informed educational practice within and beyond the Faculty.
- To secure, in collaboration with colleagues as appropriate, external funding through research grants or contracts.
- To manage research and knowledge exchange projects within the University, including their financial control, and to supervise researchers, research students, and other support staff engaged in such projects.
- To publish research outcomes of international standing and to engage in activities to support the impact of research.
- To support and develop the capacity of teaching teams to engage in knowledge exchange, including the publication and dissemination of the outcomes of scholarship and research activity.
- To contribute fully to the research and knowledge exchange plans developed by Faculty, including providing such information as may be required to monitor the progress of each member of staff’s research programme.
- To contribute to the University’s strategic goals.
- To contribute to the strategic leadership of the Faculty teaching programmes.
- To contribute to teaching and the supervision of undergraduate, Masters and doctoral students.
- To engage with the Faculty’s teaching teams in the development of new and existing research-informed programmes.
- To maintain a broad knowledge of up-to-date research and scholarship in relevant fields to ensure that teaching meets the standards expected within a research-led University.
- To undertake academic duties (assessment, tutorials, pastoral support of students) required to sustain the delivery of high quality teaching within the Faculty.
- To support and comply with the teaching quality enhancement standards and procedures including the provision of such information as may be required by the Faculty or the University.
Leadership and other activities
- To contribute to strengthening external professional and research networks and partnerships in the field of education.
- To undertake such specific departmental roles and management functions as may be reasonably required by the Dean of the Faculty or the Principal.
- To attend Faculty meetings, and to participate in other committees and working groups within the Faculty and the University.
- To participate in relevant professional activities.
- To undertake external commitments which enhance the reputation of the Faculty and University.
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback