Job offer available in Scotland Assistant/Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University
£39,991 – £47,722/£49,149 – £56,950
Building on our outstanding REF2014 results in Engineering and unsurpassed NSS outcomes in our engineering disciplines, the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS) wishes to enhance and complement its existing research capacity within its Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering (IMPEE). We are seeking individuals who can contribute to the continued growth of our research profile in one or more of our research areas summarised below. Candidates are expected to have a strong track record of research coupled with an ability to contribute to the quality and innovation of our teaching in our core areas of mechanical engineering or chemical engineering.
IMPEE is a diverse, multidisciplinary research institute focused on promoting excellence across our main research themes: Novel Energy Systems, Storage and Integration; Biological and Healthcare Eng.; Sustainable Process Engineering; Intelligent Manufacturing Technologies and Systems; Low Carbon Processes; and Multiscale Multiphase Engineering Modelling. Members of the Institute also contribute to innovative teaching of chemical engineering and mechanical engineering with global reach
We are seeking candidates with a record that will demonstrate that they have the drive and ambition to become a leading international researcher in an area complementary to our existing strengths. We are particularly keen to hear from those with core research and teaching interests that contribute to one or more of the following research areas:
- Sustainable engineering, including novel energy systems, circular economy, new materials and technologies for energy storage and utilisation
- Novel manufacturing processes, including flexible additive and subtractive processes
- Digital Manufacturing throughout the whole product life cycle
- Separation technologies, including membranes and hybrid systems for carbon dioxide capture and conversion technologies
- Energy systems and process integration
- Systems analysis and modelling of low-carbon processes
- Energy storage and materials for energy
- Resilient Communities and Sustainable Energy
- Biomechanical and biomedical engineering and research activities at the life science/engineering interface
- Engineering modelling associated with any of the above areas with particular emphasis on multi-physics and multi-scale modelling
Candidates are expected to have a first degree in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering (or a closely related discipline), a PhD in one of the areas of interest to us and a track record of publications in internationally recognised journals. Commensurate with the candidate’s career stage, it is desirable to have a track record of securing external research funding and/or industry work experience.
For an informal discussion regarding these positions, please contact Professor Bob Reuben, Head of Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering. Tel: 0131 451 3615, Email: email@example.com
Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and ethnic minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts at Heriot-Watt.
For application details and further information please go to: www.hw.ac.uk/apply-jobs
Ref: IRC15756 Closing Date: 5 September 2018