Job offer available in Scotland Application Programmer/Developer at University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow – RI Health and Wellbeing
|Placed on:||10th August 2017|
|Closes:||10th September 2017|
You will be able to work on a number of application developments and data management activities within the Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, in a clinical trial or research context. The postholder will work collaboratively in a team of approximately 9 software developers and the wider IT group within the Centre to deliver quality software for the Centre’s projects. The postholder will regularly liaise with the Centre’s clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of robust clinical trial software applications to a high standard, for use by commercial clients, clinical researchers and internal data management users, under supervision and with ongoing support.
- Responsible for development of many of the Centre’s clinical databases, and managing those databases, under supervision.
- Contribute to Centre administration: production of internal procedures, computer system documentation and client manuals of operation. In particular take responsibility for the development of documentation for their software developments.
- Provide training for end-users (internal staff and external clients) in the use of developed systems.
- Participate in sponsor and regulatory audits.
- Develop skills and contribute to the provision of innovative solutions in response to technological change, particularly in the clinical data management area.
- Responsible for troubleshooting internal and external computing problems via the Centre’s helpdesk facility.
- Contribute to the IT team, assisting with the building of a robust IT infrastructure and adapting to changing technologies in order to ensure availability, confidentiality and integrity of the Centre’s data.
- Contribute to the publication of results in peer reviewed journals.
- Liaise and meet with external clients, as appropriate, and ensure completion of work in accordance with strict timelines.
- Contribute to producing posters and presenting them at scientific meetings in the area of clinical trials and information technology.
- Develop knowledge of the science of data management, software developments and clinical trial management systems in the area of clinical trials.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan, Glasgow 2020 – A Global Vision (http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_180610_en.pdf)
- You will be expected to work independently and be responsible for the areas outlined above and bring extensive software development expertise, with the ability to develop complex and robust clinical trial software applications, clinical databases and devising innovative solutions.
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of competency in the area of software development and methodologies to support large dataset analysis.
- Present at national and international conferences.
Standard Terms & Conditions
This position is full time (35 hours per week) and has funding until 31 July 2019.
New entrants to the University will be required to serve a probationary period of 6 months.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities’ Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
Vacancy reference: 018350, Closing date: 10 September 2017
It is the University of Glasgow’s mission to foster an inclusive climate, which ensures equality in our working, learning, research and teaching environment.
We strongly endorse the principles of Athena SWAN, including a supportive and flexible working environment, with commitment from all levels of the organisation in promoting gender equity.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback