Job offer available in Scotland Academic Literacies Developer at University of Dundee
The Student Services Directorate provides a wide range of services and development opportunities to support and advise students and staff at the University of Dundee. The Directorate is comprised of four hubs, including the Skills Hub, where the Academic Skills Centre (ASC) is situated.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as an Academic Literacies Developer within our ASC team, to teach, undertake assessment and to support learning for campus-based and distance learners at all levels, including continuing professional development for staff. A key aspect of the role will also be to support the development and operationalisation of our new Assessment & Feedback Hub.
A central theme of work in the Academic Skills Centre is the support of effective transitions into and through university study, enabling learners to develop the requisite skills, attributes and confidence to achieve and succeed, and to enhance student retention and progression. The role will include small and large group teaching, one-to-one tutoring and online learning support.
The role of Academic Literacies Developer will provide the post-holder with an exciting opportunity to join a team which was recently commended as a centre of excellence within the University. The role also offers the opportunity to work collaboratively across the institution, engaging academic schools and other professional services through liaison and quality enhancement activities.
Your priorities will include:
- Teaching, assessing and supporting learning through one-to-one tutoring, small and large group teaching, and online support for learners at all levels.
- Assuming a key role in the development and operationalisation of the new Assessment & Feedback Hub.
- Engaging with Schools and other professional services through liaison and quality enhancement activities.
- Contributing to the development of effective and pedagogically sound approaches and materials to engage distance learners.
- Engaging pro-actively in contributing to scholarship as part of the wider ASC team.
Who we’re looking for:
- Educated to degree level with proven sectoral experience.
- Experienced and confident in the online environment.
- Evidence of developing pedagogically sound and engaging materials to support academic skills development in an HE setting.
- Recent experience in an academic skills tutoring role, in an HE setting, with evidence of teaching excellence and in meeting and exceeding objectives and targets.
- Associate Fellow or Fellow of the HEA.
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee – an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Dr Lorraine Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 11 April 2019
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.