Free open Job in North, South & Central America Tax Audit Manager at Government of Montserrat
2 Years FTC
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit a Tax Audit Manager, within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. This is a challenging and rewarding post working for the Government of Montserrat (GoM) in the Caribbean. The Ministry has approved a new structure and is currently filling the technical roles and to providing training to staff. The audit and taxpayer verification unit is under-resourced and GoM is therefore seeking to strengthen the unit by filling the post of Tax Audit Manager within The Montserrat Customs and Revenue Service (MCRS).
CANDIDATES EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Over a fixed term of 2 years the post holder will be responsible for developing the Tax internal audit function.
Therefore, GoM seeks to recruit an enthusiastic andexperienced leader to deliver its vision. The Adviser shall, among other things, strengthen and or establish the following:
- Advises on the carrying out of tax audit planning tasks and the coordination of projects in conformance with professional and QIA audit standards;
- Providing guidance on identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence of audit assignments;
- Develops tax audit methodology, scope of assurance projects, resource requirements, terms of reference and work plans to provide assurance on ministry risk and measure the achievement of ministry business objectives;
- Contribute to the ongoing continuous improvement in the development of a quality assurance program for the unit and continuous improvement activities.
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
- Educated to a relevant degree level;
- CCAB qualified (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS or Chartered Accountants) or a full chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA);
- Ideally five years’ experience leading a Tax Audit team at a senior level;
- Possess Accounting and Auditing skills with the ability to provide guidance to staff and experience in leading an Audit Unit and Team;
- A proven track record in the development, application and enhance of a tax audit service; and
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- For a period of (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post is around EC$250,000.00 (taxable) per annum. In addition, a transport and shipping allowance will be payable.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the role can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Tax-Audit-Manager-MCRS-TOR-31102019.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the terms of reference and the post of Dental Officer please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resource Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m Friday, January 10, 2019.