Free open Job in North, South & Central America Tax Advisor at Government of Montserrat
Government of Montserrat (GoM), Caribbean
2 Years FTC commencing 2020
The Montserrat Customs & Revenue Service (MCRS) MCRS is looking to engage an experience person for the post of Tax Advisor for the Inland Revenue Division with focus on the administration of direct taxes such as Income Tax, Company Tax, and Withholding Tax. Knowledge and experience in the administration of Property Tax would also be an asset.
Montserrat is now also part of the global tax community and part of the OECD and Global Forum activities and have entered into many Tax Information Exchange agreements with countries around the world. The MCRS’s ability to provide timely and accurate information is essential to our commitments under FATCA, IGA and CRS. This is one of the driving force behind the ongoing efforts to computerize the administration and collection of all direct taxes. Therefore, there is now the urgent need to raise the competencies of all staff and thus the equally urgent need to engage a suitably qualified and experience Tax Advisor.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
A qualified/ certified tax professional with:
- Ideally ten (10) years’ experience at management level of one, or more, of the following- the assessment, collection and enforcement of Direct Taxes such as Income Tax, Company Tax and Withholding Tax.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of Property Tax would be an asset.
- Experience and expertise in the training, mentoring and coaching.
- Proven ability to advise on taxation policy and administration;
- Experience of forecasting and estimating revenue from taxation;
- Strong interpersonal skills developed in a political environment, including team-working, communicating and negotiating skills;
- Be proficient in the use of computers and the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- A commencing appointment in 2020 for a period of two (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post of Tax Advisor is EC$250,000.00 (taxable) per annum dependent on experience.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Tax Advisor can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/TERMS-OF-REFERENCE-Tax-Advisor.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Tax Advisor please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
To apply send your completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter to the Human Resource Management Unit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m Friday 14th February, 2020.