Free open Job in North, South & Central America Stock Assesment Scientist at Falkland Islands Government
The Falkland Islands Fishery is recognised globally for its successful management of sustainable fish stocks. As the single largest contributor to the Falkland Islands’ GDP, the continued success of the Fishery is vital to the future economic development of the country.
The Fisheries Department of the Falkland Islands Government invites applications for the post of Fisheries Scientist. The Fisheries Scientist will undertake and supervise the Fisheries Department’s responsibilities to meet Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) standards of sustainability on Patagonian toothfish. Candidates should have the ability to apply standard fish stock assessment techniques and develop new approaches for fishery management on the basis of the assessments. The successful candidate will plan and participate in research surveys. He/she should be capable of working as part of a small dedicated team, be prepared to fill a flexible role, and interact closely with the fishing industry.
- Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- Salary Range £37k – £45k, starting salaries will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
How to Apply
For more information on the post and how apply online to join our team in a unique and breath-taking location, with penguins, dolphins and the wilderness just next door to your office, please visit our recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
Applications close at 20.00 UK time on 22 September 2019.
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link.